View Poll Results: Does the Wii have a solid selection of launch titles?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 72.00%
  • No

7 28.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wii

Default Wii

Do you think the Wii has a solid line up of launch titles? I do sure they have game titles for children like Sponge Bob Square Pants and Super Monkey Ball...But they also have mature game titles like Red Steel and Blitz : The League. In my opinion the Wii launch titles are better than the launch titles that came out for the X-Box 360 way back in November when Microsoft decided to release their next-generation system early.

First, if you refuse to play Super Monkey Ball, I pity you.

Second, we don't know much about it's launch, so no comment.

First, I haven't played Super Monkey Ball before because I can never find a copy of that game in stores! It's the same thing with Psychonauts I can never find a copy of that game either they're all sold out! And second, if you want to know more about the Wii's launch titles I suggest you take the time to visit IGN.Com they have information on every game title that's scheduled for launch.

Blog Entries

Judging from IGN's List of confirmed launch titles, I'd say it does. While the two games I am most hyped up for need some fixing in terms of controls (These games being Zelda: TP and MP3:C), I'm sure that these problems will be fixed. Then there's Elebits, Super Monkey Ball, Warioware, and so on. Games that perfectly demonstrate how the Wiimote should be used, while still managing to make a fun game out of it rather than just a demonstration.

I'm not going to vote, becasue I don't know the answer but since my wife is a Nintendo freak, I will buy it!

Blog Entries

I'm looking very forward to the Wii

One word------------------Zelda

Indeed, Zelda is all you need

Quote Originally Posted by John_912
    First, I haven't played Super Monkey Ball before because I can never find a copy of that game in stores!
    Good. Or... bad. Too many people miss out on this game because they like to scream "omg itz got no boobz n blodd n blck ppls swearin!"

And second, if you want to know more about the Wii's launch titles I suggest you take the time to visit IGN.Com they have information on every game title that's scheduled for launch.
    Link?

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

To my knowledge, Zelda is NOT a launch title. From what I have read it is a gamecube game that will be able to be used with the Rev-mote. As of now there is no 'Revolution' version planned.

Also Metroid Prime 3 will probably not hit this year but 1 year later. MP3 hitting this year would seem to soon.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    To my knowledge, Zelda is NOT a launch title. From what I have read it is a gamecube game that will be able to be used with the Rev-mote. As of now there is no 'Revolution' version planned.
    Where have you been? There are two versions, both coming out at the same time as the Wii. One for Wii, one for Game Cube. That was announcd at E3, quite a while ago.

People bang on how the PS3 isnt getting a decent launch line up, IMO, the Wii launch line is very poor. Zelda is the only decent Wii title available at launch, and thats getting launched on the GC anyway. I voted No.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    Indeed, Zelda is all you need :D
    I beg to differ, I'd never buy a console for Zelda alone.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    People bang on how the PS3 isnt getting a decent launch line up, IMO, the Wii launch line is very poor. Zelda is the only decent Wii title available at launch, and thats getting launched on the GC anyway. I voted No.

What the smurf are you talking about!? There are other good Wii launch titles besides Zelda...Like Metroid Prime 3 and Red Steel. Did you see the sword fight in Red Steel!? That was smurfing awesome!!!

Red Steel lost its hype after E3.