Thread: Coconut Bras and Cashew Nuts

Default Coconut Bras and Cashew Nuts

Tiamat and Bahamut.

What do you think is the connection there? There are several random possibilities and outrageous theories (like, maybe, Future Esthar style theories) that connect the two. Bahamut kinda had his own story if you can improvise one, but what about Tiamat? They seemed... related, somewhat, but are they? Just think about them both.

Tiamat is just a guardian of Ultimecia, just another monster in your way, right? Well, he has a lot of similarities to Bahamut. Time to pull out a crazy theory out of my ass:

Perhaps Tiamat and Bahamut one and the same. Ulti's in a completely different time period, so say she somehow acquired Bahamut from Squall or the party in the future. Of course, it's not a valid arguement since getting Bahamut is optional, but still, something to think about.

Thank you Hysterian!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowns? No, No. It's Christmas
    Since Greiver can be created from the whole party mind, we can had another deduction.

Bahamut is known as a powerful GF and as long as it concern, SeeDs most probably know it.

SeeDs attack Ultimecia's castle and Ultimecia just draw it out from the SeeD's mind like how she created the Ultimate GF. She draw it out and created other GF and then corrupt it to turn it into a monster as stated in the scan info?
    For further references, here.

I sure do miss those crazy theories. Where's FE anyway?

Thank you Hysterian!

There may or may not be a connection. Given Tiamat's Scan data--

Used to be a GF. Became a monster under Ultimecia's power. Its Dark Flare destroys all enemies.
    --many people have speculated that Tiamat is a corrupted version of Bahamut. Whether or not Squall obtains Bahamut is actually inconsequential, since the "rules" of Time Compression are debatable, and it's therefore impossible to suggest what "events" are impossible. However, while the supposition can't really be proven false, there's also no way to prove its veracity.

There are other possible theories, of course. One could suggest that it was Selphie's mysterious GF--

Selphie: When I was 12, I went on an outdoor training session. I found
    a GF inside one of the monsters I defeated... I junctioned that GF for a
    while. So I have experienced with GF, too. But...but, it's really weird!
    I can't remember the name of that GF!
    --or make any number of similar suggestions. Based on the game alone, one unfortunately can't come to any definite conclusions.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

the same could be said why no matter how many bite bugs i kill no matter how fast there are always more

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

♥ Italian Princess ♥ *~Angel Wing~*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G SpOtZ
    Perhaps Tiamat and Bahamut one and the same. Ulti's in a completely different time period, so say she somehow acquired Bahamut from Squall or the party in the future. Of course, it's not a valid arguement since getting Bahamut is optional, but still, something to think about.
    That does make a lot of sense though.

*~Love is the best feeling in the world~*

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

or someone else could have gone to research center cuz where do your aeons be before you summon them

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've had the belief that Tiamat and Bahamut where the same for along time. If you listen to the way Bahamut talks in the Research Center he seems very bitter towards all of Humanity. Perhaps he began to abandon his old life in hope to seek revenge on humanity (for whatever reason). Thus changing his name from Bahamut to Tiamat leaving no trace of his former life. This new Dark Bahamut would also explain why his attack changes from Mega Flare to Dark Flare because he had embraced the Darkness within him. Also with this new Darkness within him it would be very easy for Ultimetia to take contol of Tiamat making some kind of false promise. It fits into everything in FFVIII that talks about Tiamat or Bahamut.

Oh and the reason that Selphie can't remember the name of her GF appears to more for the effect of how much GFs make you forget things not to implant some kind of secret, mysterious, GF into the game.

Yes but still it makes you think that there are other GF besides the ones that you possess and Dark Bahamut might simply be one of those GF.

The theory that it could even be Selphies old GF makes sense if you think about it...Selphie had a GF but for some reason that she can´t remember due to memory lapse she abandoned him or lost him, this made Bahamut turn into a "dark side" feeling hatred torwards the humans that he felt that betrayed him.

Another theory that i have similiar and maybe more crazy is that, Dark Bahamut was created in the Deap Sea Research Center as a clone of the original Bahamut, but the experiment went wrong and the monsters and GFs that were being used as an experiment turned loose and destroyed the lab which explains why the lab is in ruins when you encounter it.
    Then Dark Bahamut remained hidden like most GFs until he was found by Ultimecia who used is hatred torwards mankind to turn him into her Guardian.

And finally my third theory involves cards...when you check the boss cards it appears bellow a combination of monsters, i wondered if this could mean that the bosses were created after there was a junction between monsters. Which would mean Dark Bahamut was originated between a juction of an Hexadragon and a Grendel.

It might seem strange to some people but who knows maybe one of this theories is true.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas
    For further references, here.
    Oh yeah, that thread! Good times.

To reiterate my position, they resemble each other superficially: essentially repaints of the same design, both have attacks with Flare.

However, I also suggested it was unlikely mainly because traditionally Bahamut and Tiamat have been portrayed as separate beings in other FF's. Most incarnations of Tiamat look like hydras, with multiple heads. I'm guessing the character designers just got lazy this time.