Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edea's age

I junctioned your GF ;) BardTard's Avatar

Chocobo Edea's age

In the game, Edea says she became a sorceress 13 years ago, when she was 5. That makes her 18. She can't be 18. The orphanage kids are 17 and 18, and that means she would have raised them when she was their age. So like... huh? Does anybody know what's up with that? Did they really make some big mistake or is it just weird time compression thing that I'm not getting because that's what alot of people say...

...anyone?

Most parsimonious solution? It was a typo. She got her powers 13 years ago when she was 15.

But can you provide a quote for this?

Moomba

Umm no but I've played it several times...

It's not a typo, you're just mixing up information. WHat you're forgetting is that Edea received sorceress powers not just once, but TWICE.

The first time she became a sorceress was when she was 5 years old. Who gave her these powers is unknown, but it doesn't really matter.
    The second time was 13 years ago, and is the event we see in the ending, when Ultimecia gives Edea her powers at the Orphanage.

So there's no problems really. How old Edea really is, seems hard to tell, but around 40-50 seems reasonable to me.

Maybe...350.

lol j/k

I'd say about 40-ish.

I thought she would be like 35 or something.

Thank Sapphiresea for the Siggy! :kaolove:

Also tomamar04 and is working on a site. Become a member of Unlimited 5! Discuss anything!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I always though of her as in her early 20s when she was at the orphanage, thus making her about 40. She's the sexiest 40 year old i've seen though.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I´m gonna choose 37 years old as her age she still seems young when you see her as the sorceress.

i say 38 im sure shez 38

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bahamut
    It's not a typo, you're just mixing up information. WHat you're forgetting is that Edea received sorceress powers not just once, but TWICE.

The first time she became a sorceress was when she was 5 years old. Who gave her these powers is unknown, but it doesn't really matter.
    The second time was 13 years ago, and is the event we see in the ending, when Ultimecia gives Edea her powers at the Orphanage.

So there's no problems really. How old Edea really is, seems hard to tell, but around 40-50 seems reasonable to me.

Umm ok... I'm still confused though... but whatever I guess it doesn't really matter cus the game was fun! I'll stop stressing my brain over it for now.

It's simple really. Look, here's the timeline:

Edea is born.
    Edea turns 5. Edea becomes a sorceress.
    Edea founds orphanage.
    13 years before game, Ultimecia arrives at orphanage from future and gives Edea her powers.
    Game starts.

The years 5 and 13 are wholly unrelated to eachother.

Ok. Then why does she even mention being 5 if it doesn't have any relevence of anything??? It's just confusing... jeez! Couldn't she just have skipped that part?

She felt she had to explain her life as a sorceress, that's all. Why NOT inform the party of what she's been through? It's merely an addition to Edea's own life story, and it just lets you know that she's been in an encounter with sorceress powers earlier in life.

Thank you Hysterian!

i could be wrong but in mythology and past times, dosnt a sorceress age each year double? if right, than she should be 36 which would make sense,
    wouldnt it?

Love Like Winter

Moomba

I have no clue... but it always seemed to me that she was about that age... but I dunno. :shoot: