Thread: Star OCean: The Second Story and the Pickpocket skill...

Banned

Default Star OCean: The Second Story and the Pickpocket skill...

I'm a very thorough player, so I always want to get *everything* in any game I play, and this gives me trouble in Star Ocean: The Second Story.
    You see, after getting Claude with the Dexterity Talent, I went for some serious Pickpocket plunder; it seemed good at first, he stole from everyone. But then I suddenly started to encounter these hopeless guys everywhere, those whom you just can't steal from.
    Since I, as I said, am a very thorough player, I want to get everything, and therefore I'm forced to plunder every damn guy in the whole game, because "I might miss something".
    Now the only rare item I now of is the Mischief from the town of Clik, and I'm sure there's much more stuff lying around.
    Do you know of anything?
    Knowing their locations would surely cut down the tedious Pickpocket abuse.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, there is an item called the 'Magician's Hand' or something that increases the Pickpocketing rate even more, but I never got around to getting it.

Ernest in Private Actions carries a Battle Suit, and you can get two from him.

The Bunny mascot in Fun City has Bunny Shoes. (Go figure.)

One of the ensigns on your brief boarding on the Calnus also has a Battle Suit.

A l e x's faq on Gamefaqs has all the Pickpocketing locations.

Damn you! I never got dexterity. xD

Edit: Oh! After you can go back to Arlia, go to the Newlyweds' house (the house near the entrance) and steal from the kid to get Santa's Boots. Better than paying 10,000,000 Fol.