Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DID SQUARE BACKSTABE SONY

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

If they wanted it so bad they could have bought it when it came out. If they havent got it by now, I doubt they'd be too fussed. It's also on the PC, so I'd say it's pretty easily accessible.

Not good for whose fans? Playstation's or SE's? But regardless, you still seem to be in the 'mindless hater' mode, so I'm sure more gibberish is forthcoming.

yes it is but pepole like you dont get it its about loyalty if thats gone then every on can kiss off

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

So... a company should forego making money because of some backward sense of loyalty?

Hmm, apparently my knowledge on the aforementioned merger was wrong then! Oh well, I was what.... 12 maybe when I read about it? Im suprised any of it stuck!

I whole heartedly agree with everything TheAbominatrix said.

And that's a good point. I don't think SE are likely to have a board meeting and go:
    "Oh guys, we've made a mistake! Let's stop making the most money we can and start being loyal to one company!"

Money> Bizarre loyalty ideas

At least I think that's the way SE will see it.
    Please check out my writing in the arts and writing forum!
    http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60115

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    If anything, Sony backstabbed Square by discontinuing the harddrive needed to play FFXI on Playstation. It would be difficult at this point for a playstation player to start playing FFXI since it's so annoyingly hard to get a hold of the equipment that's needed to play.

Sony completely turned their back on FFXI, and so Square should have absolutely no qualms about moving over to a platform that would support their game.
    You wrote exactly what I meant to type. <3
    I just think of it as a way to get back at Sony :p. And I believe S-E wouldn't hesitate to switch consoles if the PS3 fails. Square Enix is interested in their own prospirety, not Sony's.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Puppet
    What's wrong with broadening your audience?
    QFT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    If they wanted it so bad they could have bought it when it came out. If they havent got it by now, I doubt they'd be too fussed. It's also on the PC, so I'd say it's pretty easily accessible.
    Spot on, so stop complaining about fans not having access to the game. We couldnt get hold of a PS2 copy, so we got the PC version. If fans were that desperate to play it, they had other options open for them.

To the original poster; you do realise this is an MMORPG, and not a normal RPG like the rest of the FF games? Right? It also makes Square-Enix a lot of money. With having around 3,000 to 5,000 players subscribed to each server during peak times. So that's 12.99USD each player, and you might as well put the cost of the game ontop of that. Minus some things like the teams that make the expansions, keeping up maintenance among other things, they still gain a very large sum of money from it all.

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't try to expand that by releasing it on other systems to get to other player bases. It just doesn't bother anyone, seeing as everyone plays on the same servers.

Also, I think it's pretty stupid to get flustered, just because Square-Enix decided to release one of their games on a system you don't like. Did you know they also released an FF game on Nintendo Gamecube and will do so for the Wii? Does that piss you off too? Just get over it.

You can still play the PC version, and if you manage to get one of the old PS2's, I think you can find places to order the game with the HDD.

One last thing; Sony isn't that great of a company anyways, so I don't even know why you'd want other developers (such as Square-Enix) to be 'loyal' to them. =\

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

runouni, in response to one of your last posts:

Your entire thread is based on the fact that you feel that Square-Enix backstabbed Sony by putting FFXI on the XBox 360. Yet you recently posted:
    Quote Originally Posted by runouni k master
    yes i know this but if you have a new ps2 you cant play the game
    That would be an example (as many other posters have stated) of Sony backstabbing Square-Enix, not the other way around. Do you even know how you really feel on the subject?

FFXI being available on the XBox 360 has nothing to do with loyalty. You claim that you are a "true" FF fan because you have your games on the Playstations and that's where the "true" fanbase lives. Just so you know, the same outrage and mindless name-calling occured when Square announced that they would be releasing their upcoming next-gen video game, Final Fantasy VII, on Sony's new gaming system, The Playstation, rather than continuing their relationship with Nintendo and release it on the Nintendo 64. So based on your arguments, you are not a true fan, as you jumped on the XBox-esque "new non-true FF fan system", The Playstation, rather than staying true to Nintendo.

The point I'm trying to make is that you should be staying loyal to a game series, and not the system that it plays on. Square-Enix is trying to give you the best gaming experience possible by releasing their games on the system they can do the most with, rather than what system or company their last game was released on. If they had followed the "must stay true to fans by staying with one company" mentality, they would probably be a mediocre company producing crappy games at best today, if not out of business, if they had stayed with Nintendo, due to the cartridge based media that it played, rather than CDs. So be thankful that Square-Enix is looking forward into the future rather than to the past with rose-colored glasses so that they can continue to bring you games that you love and can't get enough of.
    Figaro Castle

Square Enix has the right to release any game for any system. No one can stop them and there's nothing wrong with broading their audience. As for FF XI for Xbox 360, IMO this is a smart move by Square Enix for the following reasons, because It's a MMORPG and they could get more players to participate. So you're saying that SE backstabbed Sony because they're releasing FF games for the GBA, Wii, and the DS as well?

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Did Square backstab Nintendo when they released FFVII? Of course not. Neither Nintendo nor Sony had a monopoly on Final Fantasy. It was Square's work, and they are perfectly within their rights to release it for whatever system they want.

You may not like the X-Box, and I can't say I blame you, but that is no reason to complain because Square decided to release their game for a system that can actually run it.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

you all can kiss my ass

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Aaaand done.

Runo, please treat your fellow forum members with respect in the future, or you will definitely be megabanned.