Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DID SQUARE BACKSTABE SONY

Default DID SQUARE BACKSTABE SONY

I CANT STAND THAT FF11 WENT TO XBOX

Blog Entries

I can't stand that FF: Crystal Chronicles is coming out for the Wii and DS! Of course, I have a DS, and I'm getting a Wii. So I'm all set. You already have FF11 on some other system I presume, so it doesn't matter.

Besides, Sony backstabbed Square. With the new Ps2 not being compatible with FF11 and all.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

What's wrong with broadening your audience?

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Square-Enix doesn't belong to Sony any more than they belonged to Nintendo back when SNES got all of their games. So no, they can't really be backstabbing them when they are well within their rights to release games on multiple platforms.

but still sony fans are the ff fans way put it on a system that most of the fanes of the games dont have so good for xbox fans not good for ff fans that dont play xbox so they back stabed sony and there loyal fanes

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If anything, Sony backstabbed Square by discontinuing the harddrive needed to play FFXI on Playstation. It would be difficult at this point for a playstation player to start playing FFXI since it's so annoyingly hard to get a hold of the equipment that's needed to play.

Sony completely turned their back on FFXI, and so Square should have absolutely no qualms about moving over to a platform that would support their game.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

eh, I dont mind FFXI on XBOX360, because I wanted more people to be playing this amazing game anyways.

Moomba

so what ff11 isent that good for a game it hasent sold no ware near the number thet 7 and 8 have so way put it on the system that most real final fantasy fanes dote have sony dosent nead them they nead sony because rpg and action adventue playerse play ps2 while people who play xbox play sports and shot em up games not rpg so that was a dume move by square and sony knows that because there fanes have there system thats way there still bringing out two ps2 games and a psp game so square shouldent help put out sony or there be put out in japan becase sony and nintendo holed almost one hundread precent of the market down in the land of the rising sun so square shuld puker up to sony becase the only good rpg is fable a nd that soled good on xbox but it wasent the best sales square should know there place and put up with it sony has bean vary good to them

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

runouni k master, I don't understand, what is your actual complaint? That FFXI isn't as popular as FFVII?

Because if you don't like it, you don't need to play it.

no im just mad that square is helping xbox i dont like xbox there betraying the company that made them

Ummm... ok?

Oddly enough, Square Enix is partially owned by Sony Entertainment. Prior to the purchase of stock they were known as Squaresoft. So technically, they havent really betrayed anyone. (Although Sony don't own a majority share, so they couldnt stop it if they wanted to).

Betraying the company that made them? Nintendo? You have to remember Square was an established company waaay before Sony showed up with their new fangled playstation.

Square Enix are now accepted a multi-format developer. You'll find very few companies are limited to one format now, it's just smarter business to be able to target every available audience. Even Capcom resigned their exclusivity deal with Nintendo over the "Resident Evil" series late last year.

And what's not to like about the 360? It's a solid piece of kit. Sounds to me like you've got some real unconditional hatred going there. From everything I've learnt from gaming, you'll enjoy it a lot more if you're willing to play anything on any format. You can have the best of all worlds you know.
    Please check out my writing in the arts and writing forum!
    http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60115

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Oddly enough, Square Enix is partially owned by Sony Entertainment. Prior to the purchase of stock they were known as Squaresoft. So technically, they havent really betrayed anyone. (Although Sony don't own a majority share, so they couldnt stop it if they wanted to).
    The name change to Square Enix had nothing to do with Sony's purchase of Square stock; it resulted from the merging of Square and Enix. I know--crazy, right? Relevantly, however, that very merger caused Sony's influence to diminish a great deal. The stock they owned went from comprising 18% of Square to about 8% of Square Enix.

i already know this stuff but i still think its a bad move by square to do that because like i talked about before most of the square fans are ps2 owneres so way put it on xbox so they cant play the beter ff11 unless they buy a 360 when the ps3 is about to come out and to me thats a backstabe becase then the fans will have to by a xbox insead of the beter ps3
    Last edited by runouni k master; 06-19-2006 at 08:48 AM.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

What are you talking about? FFXI is available for the PS2 already. So if any PS2 owners want to play it, they can. You arent making any sense what-so-ever.

yes i know this but if you have a new ps2 you cant play the game and if you cant play the ps2 game becase of that its not good for there fanes do you get it