Thread: why overlevel

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

Default why overlevel

why do so many of you talk about how easy this game is but you overlevel so hard i mean seriously if youre at max stats how can you expect a challenge i never overleveled for nemesis and it was hard but i loved it i dont want to plow through these monsters that is what makes this game fun not being uber powerful or have moves that decimate the other team over and over again

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

After you finish the game, it doesnt matter what you do from that point. The battles in the Monster Arena are all about consistency. If you can't deal 99999 straight out, then there's a chance you will die and waste your time.

Really, at first, your stats should only be 125. Any higher for the first time to fight the Originals is unnecessary and a waste of time, if you are seeking a "challenge." Maximum stats is really only for gathering items which are only dropped by enemies in order to get every ounce of money from the game.

If you aren't plowing through the monsters in the game, you clearly are not taking advantage of the free heal afforded by save points.

Quote Originally Posted by eiko guy
    why do so many of you talk about how easy this game is but you overlevel so hard i mean seriously if youre at max stats how can you expect a challenge i never overleveled for nemesis and it was hard but i loved it i dont want to plow through these monsters that is what makes this game fun not being uber powerful or have moves that decimate the other team over and over again
    Thats true my characters arnt that good.Their stats arnt that good either
    Tidus HP:Around 12000
    Lulu Hp:9999
    Yuna Hp:9999
    Rikku HP:Around 7000
    Wakka Hp:Around 8000
    Auron Hp:Around 4000
    Kimarhi Hp:Around 1000

I still won Don Tonberry I think FFX matters about strategy.
    warriorboy && battlingbard.

If you actually go through the game normally, which is just fighting the battles to need to fight in order to get from point A to point B, without taking the time to stop and level up your party a few levels, the game can actually be pretty tough. You'll especially start to notice this once to get to the Thunder Plains.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Because it's more of a challenge to recreate the sphere grid than to do a low level game?

Yeah thats true

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Having a god-like Yuna is the greatest thing ever. Especially whacking things with her physical attack for massive damage.

Of course, no, I don't need to overlevel on my game because I don't have the Dark Aeons, but it's not my fault that the Tonberry trick is so delicious.

Face it ALL FFs are easy.

You want a hard rpg, play Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

i love you deathnight but anyway i fight everything extra i wanna say hey i beat penance with 8000 life points autophoenix saved me but im american(black kid) and i do not have penance

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    Face it ALL FFs are easy.
    FFV, FFIV PSX remake in Chronicles, FFTactics. Fail.
    However, hard RPG = Star Ocean III. (although I will admit Shin Megami is difficult as well)

i love you deathnight but anyway i fight everything extra i wanna say hey i beat penance with 8000 life points autophoenix saved me but im american(black kid) and i do not have penance
    It's impossible. It can't be done because of the HP numbers that the characters start out with. You CAN however, get 7999 and 8001 HP.

Doesn't everyone just HATE math? (and I wish I had known about the Don Tonberry trick before I went and leveled)

FFX is not hard. The hard thing is you don't understand the system.

I agree with Tavrobel, FFIV is difficult (Tactic is a bitch!! Too HARD!).

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Overleveling is fun.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

It was pretty easy, but not THAT easy. I mostly just took my time leveling up at the highbridge. As for maxing out all of the stats, rather than walking around for hours I would use the cheats. The only difference is that you save time and spheres. It gets rather boring doing that the right way. I'm just happy with normal stats.

I managed to get Tidus the full way around the sphere grid the other day, i was dead chuffed and he comfortably sits dealing 99999 damage every turn to practically everything i've created (appart from Thu'ban - stupid creature!). Though, admittedly i do get a little bit tecthy when i defeat Jecht in three turns... though i was inconsolable when every Zu that i came across required two hits because it has to retain one HP to fall to the floor, i could have cried.

But anyways! So with Tidus maxed, i'm looking to max the girls next so i can get some more wings to discovery to break HP limit for them all (only got Tidus and Yuna with 'em), that and to try and thrash the dark aeons!

I like getting my characters to finish at least 3 sphere gridss