Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do people think of CC?

Default what do people think of CC?

im just starting the game and i love it but some people say the only game actually worth playing is CT and i was just curious what other people thought of CC??

I think it's great. They're both worth playing, end of story.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill
    I think it's great. They're both worth playing, end of story.
    Quoted for truth.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Chrono Cross is definitely worth playing. It has some of the best music in video game history. Most of the characters may lack any form of actual storyline, but the environments are lush, the battle system is neat (although's there's better), and the overall storyline is pretty decent. I enjoyed it quite a lot. But I have to say, if you're not going to play the game, at least download the OST.
    Last edited by Ichimonji; 06-21-2006 at 07:05 AM.

One of my most favorite games. I absolutely loved every single part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimonji
    Chrono Cross is definitely worth playing. It has some of the best music in video game history. Most of the characters may lack any form of actual storyline, but the environments are lush, the battle system neat (although's there's better), and the overall storyline is pretty decent. I enjoyed it quite a lot. But I have to say, if you're not going to play the game, at least download the OST.
    I also didn't care that most characters didn't have a deep storyline to them. I felt like it made them... mysterious, in a way.
    Also, I agree about the music, I find it VERY catchy throughout the whole game.

All in all, I never, in my life, regretted getting this game. It's one of my favorites, and the gameplay is fantastic, as well as the storyline.

Thank you Hysterian!

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

it only makes sense though if youre fighting to save the world why would you tell your life story youd be too busy

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

haha call me knew but what does "OST" stand for? lol

and i agree besides ff7 and its deepness in the characters why play a game with just a bunch of background for the characters when your trying to fight to save the world lol

Blog Entries

Official Soundtrack.

Chrono Cross is a very good RPG for the PS1 that was overlooked because it saves your eyes; when I first got it and played it, I thought it was pretty ugly. After playing it a few hours, you adapt to it, figure out the battle system, and realize that it's amazing.

As previously stated, a great deal of the recruitable roster has very little story, if any, which is a shame in an otherwise great, complex, and confusing plot.

The music is more beautiful than the music in any other video game. The story line is also one of my favorites, and I get really into it. It is really fun working with the elements, and the individual techniques. I enjoyed finding the items for making weapons and armor. There are few sidequests, but there is always something to keep you occupied. The graphics are beautiful, and the characters all look great. The environment combines with the beautiful music to make a very serene atmosphere. I give it a 10/10

[/mini_review]

It's such a shame that my copy is broken. But it's all good, I'm getting a new one in a couple of weeks.

Rye made this!

i agree, the music is amazing and beautiful..some of the most i have ever heard in a game.
    it takes a little to get use to but after a while its amazing..tho im not far i think the battle system is really good......I wonder is there anygame like it?why didnt they make more like it?..how come the chrono serious stopped and ff serious kept going?
    i just think that with a game so good it can only get better...i really wish they made another one...lol

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by telims
    how come the chrono serious stopped and ff serious kept going?
    The first game was a bit of a collaboration with enix. A lot of people that worked on the second game are not around with square anymore. With FF the same people who made the first one were involved all the way through X. With Chrono the same people were not even the exact same as the first game and then moving forward towards a third even more people left.

Square would probably be eyeing doing another one but where would it move in the series. They wrapped things up pretty nice in the last game. They could do some other things in a different way now that we know about dimensional travel. Square and Enix have just been too busy with other games to create a team to do a new Chrono...also getting some people back for just one game might be harder than one might think. It is the same reason Indiana Jones 4 has been pushed back as far as it has. Too many other prior obligations.

There are many reasons.
    Last edited by edczxcvbnm; 06-23-2006 at 04:32 PM.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    Quote Originally Posted by telims
    how come the chrono serious stopped and ff serious kept going?
    Indian Jones 4
    lol

Well, I finished the Compendium's huge feature on the reaction / stuff about Chrono Cross yesterday.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Stories/36.html

Hopefully that can put it to rest for good.

I actually likd cross when I played it a second time a while later. It was funner then. I still think trigger is far superior, but its still a great game worth playing.

Chrono Cross is excellent. I just wish they incorporated Magus more...

They really need a 3rd one. Didn't they make something called Chrono Break before but it got cancelled?

But anyways they're both ingenious.