Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Solo Cecil Challenge

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

I finished my ffv solo character challenge. Level 49 was my level for the final boss... You don't have the luxury of being able to change your job class so levelling is probabley your only option. Just record your levells at certain milestones in the game and maybe someone can try to do it on lower levels
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Oh yess!!! I did it.I killed those guards on level 14(I just did 3 fights with cecil after changing into a paladin).I was lucky I could hit the first for 200 damage before they used mini.I used Hi-Potion to heal me until I was able to use a spiders silk to slow them down.After that I used hermes shoes to haste me so that I could heal enough with just wasting potions.
    Then a guard uses Mini again the other pig but that didn't matter because I could hit for nearly the same damage as normal and killed the first guard.
    The second uses Mini on me and the same game again.
    Healing
    waiting
    Mini
    Killing
    winning
    I won

After that I had to face Yang as a pig but he was no match.His kick does 40-55 damage and I had nearly full health at the beginning of the battle so he went down quickly.

I hope I won't stay so long on other bosses,but I'm glad that I did it!
    He owes allegiance to no one, and will do anything for money.He comes and goes like the wind

I just need enough to feed my dog, say about 3000 gil

Hey legendary shadow.

I am also doing a Solo Cecil game. I am currently at the moon core and honnestly ... the challenge is fun until you get to the sealed cave.

Read on but I might spoil part of the challenge so ... if you want to go there and see for yourself don't read

P.S. : If you have any question or are stuck at a part in your game ... feel free to ask.

Ok, you HAVE to be around Level 73 to beat the trap doors. There is NO OTHER WAY I can think of to get around this. You simply need a high enough agility to get 2 attacks in before it kills you. I was succeeding at a 50% rate at level 73 and I had gotten all my 3 level ups on +2 AGI and had the avenger equipped (gives +10 AGI). Forget about hermes ... you won't have time to act 3 TIMES before you are dead even with haste. As for evil wall ... you might have to get a level or two, but unlike for the trap doors ... you DO have time to take hermes, bacchus and all that stuff.

After that, it's just plain boring ... you are just too powerful. I went to beat Odin with that character ... he hit me with his super attack and I got hit for 5500 dmg and I was still alive!!! I hacked him away with the blood sword building my HP back up to 6500.

Anyway if you still intend to do like me and dont want to power-level by yourself ... get your agility to exactly 34 ... find a conjurer in the land of summons ... time your attacks so you are killing his summon each time he does one ... put a rubberband around your controller and come back in an hour or two ... you'll have all the levels you need

Ok thanks!

Sorry for not updating,I had some problems with my computer.
    I will update next week.
    He owes allegiance to no one, and will do anything for money.He comes and goes like the wind

I just need enough to feed my dog, say about 3000 gil

Blog Entries

Good luck. I should try a challenge after I beat this game. *turns on game*

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Genji
    Good luck. I should try a challenge after I beat this game. *turns on game*
    I am pretty much quoting you just to tell you that I really like your signature. Keep in mind that I like Paladin Cecil better, too!

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, I've decided to do this on the FFIV Advance version during my free time. I've just beaten Cagnazzio, and I leveled up to level 38. ('hides in shell', 'recover', etc.) It's been pretty fun so far. I can't wait until later in the game.

The best challenge so far that I had was going through the entire game ONLY fighting the bosses. I got to Zeromous at level 32. He was impossible at that level.

I went out and killed some side quest bosses (summons, chest monsters, etc) to get my levels up.

Now my highest character is 56 and im in the lunar ruins and have the game saved right before the Brachiosaur (spelling). Very fun game!

Soloing with one character does sound hella fun though. I guess ill try it but like someone else said, it doesnt take much skill to solo in this game. I personally think that if you have a party thats 20-30 levels under what they need to be to do a specific job, and you still win, that takes skill.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

chalanges?

what chalanges

please don't post twice in a row in the same thread. -eestlinc

FFIV isnt really that hard of a game though, Got through it in a few days. This challenge shouldn't be too hard.
    Too big.

I honestly don't know how you would get past Rubicant, I mean the fight would never end he covers himself so you can't hurt him then heals himself to full. If you get past that let me know.

hey umm how do you do a solo challange?

Blog Entries

Kill off all your other characters and keep them dead.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Garn the Red View Post
    FFIV isnt really that hard of a game though, Got through it in a few days. This challenge shouldn't be too hard.
    Let me guess you played the GBA version?

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Unless you've played the game before, you didn't play a solo challenge in three days, unless you're talking about a normal game in the GBA version.