Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: niks FFVI low level, natural magic challenge

It'll be hard, but I'm certain that it's possible. Gau's rages should help, and so should Stragos lore. Also, never underestimate the importance of good equipment.

I passed Phantom train. I didn't feel like coming up with an actual strategy for him, so I used a phoenix down. I figure that I'm not going to get many opportunitys like this, so I might as well take them while I can. Rizopaz beat me once too, but he wasn't really difficult at all. So far I've run into at least some trouble with every single boss with the exception of Whelk.

Right now I'm gathering gil in the veldt. It seems that in every challenge you are forced to spend alot of time doing something very tedious and very boring. My goal is 40,000+ gil, and right now I only have 18,000. A few more hours should net me that 40K though.

Edit: The guide I'm using advises me to get three white capes. I already have one. How necessary do you think this is? I'm at 36,000 gil right now, and my goal is 40,000. 2 white capes costs 10,000 and that takes a long time to get. Should I actually buy the two white capes? How long will it be until I have the airship, because if I can hold out on buying these things I will.
    Last edited by nik0tine; 06-25-2006 at 03:27 AM.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hmm, since I'm no farther than you right now I'm not sure. I checked both the other low level faws, and one mentions that you should try and get them and the other doesn't mention them at all. They'd likely be useful since they give an extra 10% magic evade, but whether or not they're necessary until later on I can't say. They certainly can't hurt though, and it never hurts to play it safe. Though I do feel your pain when it comes to raising money on the Veldt right now.

Blog Entries

Super Balls will be a life-saver in the world of ruin.

What are super balls and where can I get them?

Well, I've finally finished gathering money on the Veldt. I bought six or so Phoenix Downs so now I have twelve. I think that should do for now. I also did buy three white capes. I just bought all three at different times so it didn't 'feel' like I was really going to have to earn another 15,000 gp. Anyhow, I'm off to finish Sabins Scenario right now.

Blog Entries

Super Balls are dammaging items that can be bought in a shop in the world of ruins. They are not cheap, though. Anyways... the dammage they cause is, from my experience, pretty random. It always seems to be more than 1500 dammage but less than 4000, though.

Oh, alright. Thanks then.

Right now I'm battling in Narshe over Tritoch, but I can't seem to make it to Kefka without getting caught by one of the soldiers, which means I have to gain exp. I need a map of Narshe (specifically the area where the battle over the Esper occurs) so I can figure out how to evade the soldiers. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a map like that?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gamefaqs doesn't like linking so I can't just give you a link to it, but if you look at the faqs for FFIII under SNES, the first low level walkthrough by rjpageuk and Crinkles has a rough map done up and an explanation of how to avoid them. It's not as great as something like a screenshot showing the path would be, but it's better than nothing. Just go to section 4.2 of the faq.

Thanks Vivi22. Unfortunately that guide hasn't helped much yet. That 'map' makes no sense to me. This looks completely impossible right now and I have absolutely no idea what to do. I can't even make half way across the map without getting into a battle, which means I can't even see my first 'safe zone', let alone get to it. Both guides tell me go down and slightly left until I reach it, but I'm fairly certain that it's impossible if you do that. If anyone has done a low level FFVI challenge before I could certainly use your help right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    Thanks Vivi22. Unfortunately that guide hasn't helped much yet. That 'map' makes no sense to me. This looks completely impossible right now and I have absolutely no idea what to do. I can't even make half way across the map without getting into a battle, which means I can't even see my first 'safe zone', let alone get to it. Both guides tell me go down and slightly left until I reach it, but I'm fairly certain that it's impossible if you do that. If anyone has done a low level FFVI challenge before I could certainly use your help right about now.
    if you're using a rom, you could send the save state, either ZSNES or SNES9x cause I have both emulators. I can take a look at it cause I know I've gotten through that only fighting kefka, just been awhile

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll try to get around to finishing up Sabin's scenario tomorrow if I can, so if nothing else perhaps I'll be able to give it a go and help you out a bit assuming you don't figure it out first. I kind of overdid it on item buying so that and not playing very often lately slowed me down. I laughed a bit when you said you have 12 pheonix downs. I think I have around 80 right now .

Maybe I'm too late but good luck, nik!

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Well, I finally did it. To hell with guides. Most guides I consulted were wrong. I found my own 'safe spot'. It worked, but I had to do everything perfectly in order to reach Kefka without bannon getting killed. Whats more is that the other two parties caused me to restart more than a few times because they would engage in a battle just as I was about to reach Kefka, which would then force my primary party to stop right besides Rider. I seriously had about a 1/2 second window of opportunity to reach Kefka before Bannon got captured. Anyhow, I'm going to continue with the challenge now.

This challenge sounds awesome. I'll be following you. I'll say now that I intend on trying the challenge as well, but I'll probably end up being the old geezer I am and get drunk instead.

Anyways, information on Super Balls. It's a magical attack, and it targets randomly and hits multiple times. It always does multiples of 256 as damage each time, but the multiple is chosen either randomly or on some obscure stat formula I don't know. It's also unblockable and ignores all defense.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Man, this sounds pretty tough so far. I hope you can make it all the way!

Blog Entries

I remember accidently running into the rider after making it trough all the other soldiers and stuff, twice, in my low-level only. That pissed me off. >_<

Hmmm... you won't be able to MP-kill Atma Weapon. And that is, most likely, going to cause some SERIOUS trouble... later on.

Oh, my precious Atma (Ultima) Weapon!

Edit: Unless you use any of Gau's rages with Rasp, that is. But in that case you would only have one, uncontrollable, attacker.

But that's not all. Atma will probably be nothing compared to the sky battle before the floating island, though. Trust me... THAT is going to be a TRUE pain! So you better be well-prepared for that part.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 06-28-2006 at 11:57 AM.