Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: niks FFVI low level, natural magic challenge

Good luck but I dont think that youll be able to make it too far with a low level because

Half the reason you train is to raise your health points so that you can take hits from stronger opponents and keep fighting

And the other half isnt health points but its magic points which youll need too.

Also your attack power at a low level is far far from possible to beat the game....

sorry , but I dont think you can do it I dont think you will make it too far.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, that is why its a challenge.

However lovehurts, in FFVI there are still attacks that do alot of damage regardless. Many attacks that break through defence (Throw, Tools) and Gau's Rages which can offer power not normally available for the time. And not to mention MBlock raising uber-equipment.

Although it'd be awesome to see a CES challenge with these same requirements...

I have faith in nik, even though I too think its pretty insane. Still, he freaking beat Omega Weapon in that one FFVIII challenge, jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    Well, that is why its a challenge.

However lovehurts, in FFVI there are still attacks that do alot of damage regardless. Many attacks that break through defence (Throw, Tools) and Gau's Rages which can offer power not normally available for the time. And not to mention MBlock raising uber-equipment.

Although it'd be awesome to see a CES challenge with these same requirements...

I have faith in nik, even though I too think its pretty insane. Still, he freaking beat Omega Weapon in that one FFVIII challenge, jesus.

Hmmm. Well I wish him luck.

Good luck nik.

He does all sorts of challanges like this, including the level one Ozma Challange, the low level no junction challange, some ff VII Chalange. He's a challange whore. While these things don't interest me to do, I'm rooting for him. Its quite fun to keep up on his progress.

I'm home now and I've just beaten Dadalama. I gained exp for some reason, but it was a very small amount and nobody leveled. It shouldn't make a difference and if it does it will be the difference of a single level so I don't really care. This challenge will still be hard as hell.

Love Hurts: Trust me when I say that I will finish this challenge.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It could be worse. You could turn it into a CES challenge with these requirements. xD Jeez, that'd be horrible.

That actually sounds fun. I think I'll leave a spare save right at the beginning of the WoR so I can try that another time.

Right now, though, I hav to deal with the Opera house. I cannot seem to figure out how to get passed the rats. It's really quite difficult so if someone could help me out I'd appreciate it. I could be stuck on this part alone for quite some time.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you have Gau's Stray Cat Rage you can use that for the Cat Scratch attack, but if that's not working (because you die too quickly?), then I really don't know. You can't summon Espers, right? Hm...

No, no. I have to avoid the battles with the rats. If I touch a rat I get into a battle and I can't run so I'm forced to gain exp. I cab't even make it past the first rat. I'm completely at a loss here.

Edit: I don't think this is possible. There is no pattern to the way the rats move.
    Last edited by nik0tine; 07-12-2006 at 01:13 AM.

I don't think you can avoid all the rats, I never found a way to do it. You may have to suck it up and take the XP. I'm only able to dodge one of the last rats, but I havn't played in so long I can't tell you how.

This is a very interesting challenge. Im suprised youve made it that far.
    Good luck again.

If it helps you to do better in the challenge I still say I think the odds are too greatly against you in your challenge.

I don't think you can avoid all the rats, I never found a way to do it. You may have to suck it up and take the XP. I'm only able to dodge one of the last rats, but I havn't played in so long I can't tell you how.
    According to Necronopticous, as well as another guide, all of the rats can be avoided. It'd be one thing if I was using an emulator, but I'm not. (And good thing, because my computer crashed the other day and now it won't even start!)

If it helps you to do better in the challenge I still say I think the odds are too greatly against you in your challenge.
    o rly?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm at the rats as well, and like you, not using an emulator. I know on at least one play through a few years back I got through with only one fight, but it is somewhat random. And of course now that I need to get through with one fight I can't seem to do it. To help yourself out though, let the timer run out once. After that you'll be outside the opera and you can save. After it runs out once you don't have to go through the entire opera scene again. Also, if you can't seem to get past the first rat, leave the room and go back. His position will reset which is especially helpful if he wanders far away. Aside from that though it'll likely take a lot of luck and resets. You may have to suck it up and gain some experience though. Anywhere from 1-3 battles wouldn't normally lead to a level gain there if I'm not mistaken. If you can get by with 3 or less I say take it.

Well, I passed the rats. I decided to take a little experience. I got by with only one battle, and no one leveled up. I don't think that 120 exp is really going to make a difference in the long run.

I've collected all of the treasure in the magitech research facility and I'm busy getting owned by Shiva and Ifrit. They attack fast and hard, so it's difficult to survive. I'll check gamefaqs to see if they have any useful strategies that I may be missing.

Edit: Shiva and Ifrit are down but I just got owned by Number 024.
    Last edited by nik0tine; 07-12-2006 at 11:19 PM.

I HATE the whole thing on the track in the cart, even at normal levels. I feel bad for you, that part is just annoying to say the least

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9