Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Thread: niks FFVI low level, natural magic challenge

I AM WINNING!!!

Edit: HE IS OUT OF MP!!!!!!

Double Edit: I win. It was all about those dragoon boots, baby.
    However, Terra gained a level. I'm not sure whether I should restart and do it again or to just keep her at level 8.
    Last edited by nik0tine; 07-20-2006 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    I AM WINNING!!!

Edit: HE IS OUT OF MP!!!!!!

Double Edit: I win. It was all about those dragoon boots, baby.
    However, Terra gained a level. I'm not sure whether I should restart and do it again or to just keep her at level 8.

YES !!! HE DID IT!!! YAH!!!!! I dont think you should try it again...if you do save that in a back up save.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Way to go nik! And dear goodness, no, don't restart, it's only one level.

Yay!!

Edit: Out of curiousity...how long did it take you to win?

It took me a few days. Probably like 30 or so tries, possibly more. It was difficult to try more than a few attempts at a time because i had to go through that god aweful "Flames be GONE!" scene.

I stumbled upon the thread (being a hardcore FF6 fan and all!) and I thought maybe I could help bring some inspiration/advice/strategies to the scene to help. Just make sure to keep us updated.

And yeah, the air battle getting on the the continent will more than likely send you spiraling into a dismal state of unhappiness. Sorry.

I'll start looking some stuff up for ya tho :P
    This challenge sounds so fun I'm going to have to try it once my SNES works again or if I can get a gamepad from somewhere maybe ill try a rom... bu playing this game Emulized is definately a SIN!

good luck!

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually meant how long the battle that you won took.

I'll start looking some stuff up for ya tho :P
    This challenge sounds so fun I'm going to have to try it once my SNES works again or if I can get a gamepad from somewhere maybe ill try a rom... bu playing this game Emulized is definately a SIN!
    Not if you have this.

I actually meant how long the battle that you won took.
    I'm not sure exactly. It probably took around 10 minutes.

Blog Entries

Yay for you, Nik! And did you kill any more bombs than necessary? I mean... if you did it all correctly, then Terra will level up no matter how many times you try. So it could just be that she got some unecessary EXP from some earlier battle etc. In any case, 1 level for 1 character hardly matters at all so it's nothing to worry about, really.

I want his autograph! NIK ! NIK! NIK!NIK ! NIK! NIK!NIK ! NIK! NIK!NIK ! NIK! NIK!NIK ! NIK! NIK!NIK ! NIK! NIK!NIK ! NIK! NIK!NIK ! NIK! NIK!NIK ! NIK! NIK!NIK ! NIK! NIK!NIK ! NIK! NIK!NIK ! NIK! NIK!NIK ! NIK! NIK!NIK ! NIK! NIK!NIK ! NIK! NIK!

Alright so the IAF is even more ridiculous than flame eater. It also kills me that I have to gain levels, but whatever. I'll be happy when this is over. I haven't even made it to Ultros yet!

Blog Entries

Well, it IS the toughest battle, after all (guaranteed). But even so, there has to be a way. How's it going so far? What strats are you using at the moment and what's killing you all the time (Absolute ZERO, I guess?) etc.

The only problem is absolute zero. Right now I have everyone with running shoes and Terra uses Siren as soon as the battle starts. I have Gau rage Aspik, but I'm considering taking them out normally and have him rage chicken lip. Everyone has gaia geears equipped so he will be constantly healing me. I have strago healing or jumping when he can.

Blog Entries

Yeah, thought so. After all, it's an instant-kill move that's being used far too often. Especially in the very begining of a battle. >_<

Just curious... do you have that Rhino-something Rage with Gau that constantly casts Life 3?

Actually, I think I do have that rage. Isn't it called Rhinotaur? Perhaps I should try using that.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rhinox actually (like the Beast Wars character). I've never used that one before, but since other rages don't use Gau's MP to cast spells, wouldn't you just end up with the same "not enough MP" message the monster gets, or will the spell actually work for Gau? I suppose the easiest way to find out is to try.