Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: niks FFVI low level, natural magic challenge

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22
    Rhinox actually (like the Beast Wars character). I've never used that one before, but since other rages don't use Gau's MP to cast spells, wouldn't you just end up with the same "not enough MP" message the monster gets, or will the spell actually work for Gau? I suppose the easiest way to find out is to try.
    It works. They can't cast it because they lack MP. Since Gau doesn't waste any MP when casting spells during a rage, he CAN cast it.

I don't think I used it during the first part of the sky battle, but if I remember correctly, I did use it during the battle after Ultros. I think the Rhinox absorbs thunder-based attacks. And if i remember correctly, that boss use a lot of thunder-based attacks. So by having Gau in Rhinox-rage, he become pretty much unbeatable as he absorbed most of the attacks and constantly casted Life 3 on himself.

Well, I made it all the way to Air Force today and then got slaughtered before I even got one move off. I have no idea when I'll be done with this. It seems like it could take weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    Well, I made it all the way to Air Force today and then got slaughtered before I even got one move off. I have no idea when I'll be done with this. It seems like it could take weeks.
    YOu can do it!!! When this is over you deserve to get laid! YOU CAN DO THIS NIK!!! YOU CAN DO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by lovehurts
    YOu can do it!!! When this is over you deserve to get laid! YOU CAN DO THIS NIK!!! YOU CAN DO IT!
    I hate to break it to you, but beating a Final Fantasy challenge is not going to get me any poon tang.

Blog Entries

Got any further in the battle? Reached Ultros?

I hate to break it to you, but beating a Final Fantasy challenge is not going to get me any poon tang.
    lol... not any you want, anyways!
    www.purepwnage.com
    Real pros eat rice with an NES controller.

I almost made it to Ultros again yesterday but I died on the 6th fight. This is nearly impossible.

Blog Entries

Well, atleast there won't be any worse battles than this one (guaranteed). Once you beat air force, the worst part of the challenge is over and done with. Atma may be be pretty tough as you can't rasp, but hardly anything compared to this. And once you're in the world of ruin, you can buy Super Balls etc. If you can beat the air force, you can and will beat this entire challenge.

I just can't wait until this portion of the challenge is finished.

I just can't wait until this portion of the challenge is finished.
    Keep fighting COWBOY! You can do it!

Oh yeah, I should let you all know that progress is going to slow because I am now back in school.

Quote Originally Posted by lovehurts
    I think he was offering?

I think this is smurfing ridiculous. I've only ever made it to Ultros once. This is nearly impossible. I know it can be done and I'll do it eventually but Jesus. This isn't even fun anymore. Shads, how long did this take you? Also, were you using an emulator? This would be easy as hell if I could save state my way through this but I can't.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What are your best rages at the moment? I still recommend Stray Cat, unless Rhinox is important above all else.

I'm using Aspik to fight these smurfers, since it can use Giga Volt which completely decimates these guys. (One hit kill for a single target attack)