Thread: breath of fire 4

breath of fire 4

is there anyone here that has played the game it seems like im alone here i cant find anyone whos played it
    turk power!!!

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I was playing it yesterday.. I think I love and hate the game at the same time.. Capcom sure is weird at making RPGs, they can create awesome characters, awesome graphics, awesome battle system and music but at the same time they make most tedious RPG ever. BoF 4 has tons of unnecessary side quests and boring tasks that doesnt make any sense at all, I was able to play it until I had to ride a flying squid in a vast field without a single frigging clue, at that point the game become unbearable so I just gave up..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Yeah, I got to the flying squid bit, and I my internet access was down so I couldn't check what to do. Then I had to give the game back to my friend. Good up until that point though.

It's a great game (took me forever to find a copy that didn't glitch up after the first 4th of the game), but it didn't posses the... awesomness, for lack of a better word, of the other three. The feudal Japanese setting was a bit of a turn-off for me, as was the "Walk on the dotted lines" map. And all the dragon forms were the same, hybrid type. It just lacked the heart the other three had.
    When life gives you a cactus, hug it. When life gives you lemons, throw them back at life and say, "Lemons? Who ever heard of hugging lemons? give me a cactus!

Renial.tripod.com/: A budding Legend of Mana site

Fou-Lou + Scias = Awesome, awesome game.

I used to have it. It is indeed a great game. Fou-lu is an awesome villian

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've played it and I like it. I think III is better but this one is certainly good. Do you like fishing?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I havent played that game in a while. I remember being in a temple battling agaisnt some magical dice. It was a boss battle I think, it was a pain!

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The one thing I found odd about this series is they all star Ryu, the dragon boy. (except for breath of fire:dragon quarter)

And even though it is still the same main character with the same name, they don't have the same story. And a few of the games have Nina as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lintu
    The one thing I found odd about this series is they all star Ryu, the dragon boy. (except for breath of fire:dragon quarter)

And even though it is still the same main character with the same name, they don't have the same story. And a few of the games have Nina as well.

They are all different people. It's like Zelda.

Quote Originally Posted by Lintu

I know that each Ryu is a descendant of the last Ryu that appeared in BoF I - III. BoF IV and V is up for debate becaue supposedly it has nothing to do with the other three and that they take place in alternate universes

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I love playing as Ryu and Nina over and over. They are cool characters.

Dragon Quarter stars Ryu as well. Granted, his dragon powers are aquired in a very different way, but he's still a dragon-person, and a Ryu.
    When life gives you a cactus, hug it. When life gives you lemons, throw them back at life and say, "Lemons? Who ever heard of hugging lemons? give me a cactus!

Renial.tripod.com/: A budding Legend of Mana site

Blog Entries

This is my favorite BoF next to 3.

I loved everything about it: the side quests, the characters, the moves, everything.

Too bad the only thing wrong was that the game was too easy. I beat the last boss at level 39 with everyone.

I had to ride a flying squid in a vast field without a single frigging clue, at that point the game become unbearable so I just gave up..
    To beat that part, just start at the beginning of the field, sail forward until you get to a rock, then sail northwest. You'll find a tent and that's where you need to go.

This game actually marks the first time that (SPOILER)Ryu speaks in the entire series. Of course, he doesn't do so until you've beaten the game and a certain event occurs.

BoF DQ completely broke all sense of tradition with the other BoFs, which is what made it so different. Ryu isn't mute anymore, Nina no longer knows healing magic, etc.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down