Thread: What game was it?

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default What game was it?

I remember playing, at the beginning of the Nineties (1991 or 1992), an arcade game the title of which title I really can't remember.
    Basically, the game was a platform, kind of like Bubble Bobble (or better Bubble Simphony since it had nice graphics for the time), in which you had to kill all the enemies on a screen to go to the next screen.
    The protagonist was a small pink-haired faerie who killed the enemies with her golden wand. I think the wand gave a kind of electric shock. She also had a crown or something like that and was very cute.
    Every few levels you had to fight a boss, and if you won you could see a cutscene. I clearly remember one of these cutscenes containing the fairy standing on the end of a much bigger, more adult-looking faerie in manga-style.
    The game's mission was to rescue a fairy princess. In the trailers (or whatever you call the sequences that play when nobody's using the game), you could read the words "Our princess was taken captive" and I think you saw the princess in a golden cage.

What game was it? I've been itching to play it since the very day I knew MAME existed and I will be very grateful to anyone who can give me the name.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't remember exactly but it sounds a bit like Mystic Wand. There's very little info online about that though, so I can't confirm. The plot doesn't seem to match up though...

Bad news is that's not been MAMEd yet anyway, as far as I can find out.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

From the screenshots I've found it doesn't look like Mystic Wand.
    MW looks more like a puzzle game while my game was a platform.
    Also, a friend of mine told me he probably had it on his MAME, but his laptop died and he hasn't been able to recover it or to tell me the title yet.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

did it have a.... green male or something...
    was it on the ol sega?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It could have.
    I remember it was possible to play in 2 people so yes, it is possible that there was a green male in it. But I can't remember the software house if my life depended on it. Could as well be Sega.