Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FFClassic discussion thread

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

The jerk who runs the thing is being lazy.

Many thanks to Unne for such a great FF1 site.

I've never used FFHackster or anything, but I've played the game a ridiculous amount...and I know the random number generator works a bit strangely when you get in a battle. It first decides what type of monsters you will be facing, and then how many of them in that particular group. For example, in the first area, one group is imps. Of that group, there are 3 subgroups - 3 imps, 4 imps, 5 imps. As far as I can tell, each of those subgroups has an equal probability and is determined randomly. But it seems the original decision on the group is not totally random, and follows a predictable pattern. Does anyone know how it actually works?

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

heres an idea.

on the bestiary you can see the enemies stats and EXP and gold E.C.T but you cant see where to find them and you have to look all through the world map to find them.

perhaps a DoS bestiary?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

funny thing, I was looking through the parties section yesterday and saw the Fi/Fi/Fi/RM party and got inspired to use that and it's so powerful. I was using Rapiers through the "fight lots of ogres" stage and pretty easily got about 5000 G (which I then used to buy a Silver Sword and two Sabres), and yeah, this should be a breeze. So thanks for the suggestion?

that is a great site. the only thing i dont like is showing the progress of a single team. and did you notice that you have time where it says "Ice katana" instead of katana or the pages towards the end of th walkthrough. but dont get me wrong you have created a great sight.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevarine View Post
    the only thing i dont like is showing the progress of a single team.
    Yeah, maybe if you showed the progress of a completely different team, like four Black Belts, the walkthrough would be better.
    Figaro Castle

Your walkthrough site is so good, that it has inspired me to want to make one for another Final Fantasy game just as good. The only issue is... which one... I'm thinking FF3, but its coming out for the DS so shortly and thats going to change so many things... and I can't use the DS graphics without serious pains in getting screenshots... hmm... maybe I'll just use the Famicom graphics and give stats for both versions. yeah... that could work...

I just need to get started... yes... that would be the key...
    The project that was awesome, has fallen apart... oh well.

Would someone mind explaining how Black Mage would defeat Warmech please?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Strategically placed dagger?

Brian, the links to:
    Ice Cave L2A
    Ice Cave L2B
    Ice Cave L3A
    Ice Cave L3B

are not working.
    I thought you might want to know that.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

I am in the process of getting rid of my maps page and replacing it with my locations page, which includes more info like encounters and whatnot. That's probably why.

Oh, good to know.

Okay, this is the first time I have posted anywhere on these forums.
    Dr. Unne, I have been a long-time fan of your site(s). I think I discovered them when I was in, oh, seventh or eighth grade, which I believe was sometime in 2001. Since then, I followed faithfully, and always found entertainment and a crapload of use in your walkthroughs, etc. Then you disappeared around 2004, and I have had to rely on a mirror of your old site until now, when I finally discovered the new version. Your site inspired me to eventually buy a new working NES, and especially to replay what has always been my favorite game nearly my entire life (I mean, crap, I learned to read off of this thing. Probably the first word I could ever read was "Terminated.")
    I just finished DoS about a week ago, and as much as I didn't like it (much too easy, screwed with a lot of the names [Gigas = wtf], stupid pool of magic), I would concur that the addition of DoS stat differences and such would be quite welcome, as well as perhaps a chart that shows the before and after of the names, since sometimes I couldn't tell what some weapons were.
    The version of the strategy guide in the downloads section doesn't seem to be the full version, or maybe a different version, since I remember using one as a kid (that is long lost) that included stuff waaayy past Gurgu Volcano, which is where yours stops. It also had some awesome artwork. Perhaps you could post that as well?
    And, one last thing (for this has become rather long): Does Warmech even frikkin appear in DoS. Cuz I've been wandering around that hall for forever and still I get nothing.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Thanks for following the site. I'm glad someone gets use out of it.

Warmech is in DoS from what I remember. I think they probably tweaked the monster encounter rates. In the NES if you wandered around for enough battles you were 100% guaranteed to find Warmech, because the encounter table was just an unchanging list that was incremented through. The remakes seem to be more truly random. But I don't know this for sure.

The strategies page is somewhat out of date (like much of the rest of the site). It could do with some updates. I will add it to The List.

I am adding remake info as I get the time. Sadly I work all day and I'm in the process of moving a few thousand miles west, so that may disrupt some of my FF1 website plans. I recently put all the remakes' monster names into my DB, but I haven't uploaded it yet. I'm working on making a whole new, updated and more detailed walkthrough using the DoS version. Might take some time though.

I think most of the fanart I used to have is probably not going to be reposted. Keeping fanart updated was too much work and at this point I'd have to track down too many people to get their permission to post all their artwork again. Probably not doable for most of it.

Well, actually, I wasn't referring to the Strategies section, but the strategy guide in the Downloads section. The one you have available for download is a different thing, I'm not sure what, though. I was just wondering if you could somehow get a hold of the Nintendo Power Strategy Guide or whatever it was. Here, I found the cover online:

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is the whole strategy guide, that goes from the beginning all the way to Chaos. I, however, know for a fact that there is a guide that goes all the way to the end, so it should be out there somewhere even if this isn't it.