Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FFClassic discussion thread

Ah yes, Warmech is there, though he's renamed Death Machine and it seems like he's a lot harder to find.

Anyway, the reason I made this post. I noticed that your "Remakes" enemy rips were pretty incomplete, and I've ripped all of them and will have them organized (by sprites and their recolours) by tonight. I was wondering if you'd like me to send them to you, or if you had already ripped them and just not updated.

Fun fact: The enemy sprites are actually part of the background. I was wondering how they had so much detail in the WSC version.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

FF1BlackMage14: I own a copy that guide actually. It was largely the basis for the first version of my site a good 8 years ago. Much of the information in that guide is inaccurate. Did I really used to have it for download on my site? I can't recall. I know I don't have a scanned copy of it now.

What I have in my downloads section now is the instruction manual and maps that came with FF1 when you bought it. The instruction manual included a walkthrough up to the Volcano I think.

MetoolX597: I have all the sprites from the WSC version (I shouldn't be missing any); I don't have any from the DoS version. I will gladly take DoS sprites if you have them. I have not yet ripped them myself. What method did you use for ripping them?

That would be Visual Boy Advanced using a complete bestiary. Pretty simple actually, for all of the enemies in the game. Just organizing them that takes some time.

Speaking of, would you like me to separate the sprites that are new to DoS into individual images, give a big sheet that's just a sprawl of all the monsters, or just give them to you as I had planned to upload them (all of the sprites and their recolours in the same image)?

Edit: Well, here's how I planned to do it. I can reorganize if necessary, but if not: LINK

Terribly sorry about the lack of transparency, but the only program that would allow me to do it in a reasonable amount of time wasn't working.
    Last edited by MetoolX597; 02-12-2007 at 08:47 PM.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Ouch, there are a lot. I can probably handle doing the transparency. I make all of my sprites into 80x50 transparent gifs.

This will be helpful. I will give you credit for ripping these. Give me a link to a homepage you'd like me to link to if you have one.

Hmm, I'm sure someone I know would love his website linked to. In the meantime, however, here are some Backgrounds if you don't already have them.

...It's either procrastinating by ripping these or learning Quantum Theory. I choose the latter.

Edit: And of course what I meant by that was "the former."

Edit: Again: Right. It'd be much appreciated by the owner if you said that "Toxic Seahorse of RSHQ ripped these," or something along those lines.

Hell, probably expect more in the future, if you have use for anything else.
    Last edited by MetoolX597; 02-13-2007 at 02:26 AM.

Dr Unne

Just like FF1BlackMage14 I've appreciated your FF1 site for many years. Although I hadn't played FF1, I was a fan of Square's earlier games (my favourite FF game of all time is Final Fantasy Adventure for GameBoy). My fondness for the older FF games is what brought me to your site and after having checked it out, I ended up playing through FF1 for the first time (a year ago). And it was a very nice game of course! I had a little help from your walkthrough which I think is very well written.

Today I visited your site again for the first time in many months and noticed the new version. I was sad to see that the fanart section is gone. I registrered at this forum to ask you about the fanart but I see you have already posted what I wanted to know:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne View Post
    I think most of the fanart I used to have is probably not going to be reposted. Keeping fanart updated was too much work and at this point I'd have to track down too many people to get their permission to post all their artwork again. Probably not doable for most of it.
    Despite all this, I very much hope you will consider putting the fanart section back up again. I really liked some of the art. By the way, is it really necessary to ask every artist for permission? They already had their art posted on your old site so why would you need to ask for permission again? Well, I hope all that art isn't lost forever.

Thank you for a great FF1 site. The tournaments rock! Please, do remember to update

/Lysidor

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

I'm glad you like my site. black orb posts at this MB; he's the one who drew the really good FF1 fanart I used to have. Check the artist's forum for some of his stuff... http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=101720 for example. If I re-post any fanart it'll probably be his.

Thanks for the tip. I checked out some of the art black orb has posted here. He's very good.
    But I'm afraid he has removed a few pics that he had posted back in 2005. The threads are still there but the pics have been edited out.

I'm sorry dude, it doesn't seem that we're able to keep the Black Mage lovers away from you...

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

On your roadmap page, perhaps you could put links on the items that are completed and/or those that are being updated so people can link from your status page to see what you've been up to.
    Figaro Castle

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Good idea.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wow...how ironic, I didn't know that you ran that site. I was going to that site for FF1 help even before I joined EoFF!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

But everybody knows me. My sig tells me so.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Actually your sig implies that there is at least one person who has never heard of Dr. Unne and that Dr. Unne's assertion that everyone knows him is basically delusional.

Would someone mind explaining how Black Mage would defeat Warmech please?
    He can freeze it with Ice3. It would be very easy to do so. Warmech is made of metal, and metal gets cold really quick, besides, warmech cannot regulate its temperature like normal animals, so there won't be something else trying to stop the freezing.

Also, if by some reason it unfreezes, the water from the melting ice would damage its circuits, making it unoperable.

Unless of course, it resist water and regulates its temperature. But it's just a crazy theory, don't listen to me if you don't want to.

Now let's get back to the topic:

Well, maybe you should finish everything that is listed in the Roadmap section. That would be great. You should also update the Tournament more frequently and put the Fan Arts again. I mean, where else can I get FF1 fan art? WHERE?!
    Last edited by Nugget Mage; 03-10-2007 at 09:37 AM.