Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FFClassic discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne
    Note to everyone, I just started up a tournament. It'll last probably 3 or 4 months. The last one was popular, I hope this one is too. Black Mage is going to win again, is my bet.
    Though it was hard to choose, I say Fighter.

It'd be a trivial change at best, and kinda superfluous, but if you changed the user's mouse-pointer to the FF1 cursor, it'd match your really cool FF1 tables look.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

I'm uncertain it's possible to change the cursor that way. I think it would be nasty Javascript, or else browser-specific, which I don't care for.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

There are ways to change the cursor to a custom image, but none of them are cross-browser compatible. And considering that IE offers the most options, I'm sure that will happen.
    Figaro Castle

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

I just finished my Locations page, which also has encounter information. That took me way longer than I'd have hoped. But it's nicely tied into the world map, and the enemies section, and I plan to tie it to the weapons/armor pages etc.

It's hard to decide what to display for each encounter in terms of EXP/GP. Each encounter has a random number of each monster. So you could find an Ogre and 2 Creeps, or an Ogre and 1 Creep, etc. I can either display min/max EXP/GP per battle, or average EXP/GP, or all three, or who knows. Right now I'm just showing max temporarily because it was easiest to program.

Also according to what I can tell from Sean's web stats, my FF1 site is one of the most popular sections at EoFF. This makes me happy.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Heh, I know I've been pouring over it, especially to see the usefulness of different equipment against one another.

For the encounter charts, couldn't you just put the amounts for one fiend of each type and let the users add them out to however many they encounter? xD

Something strange seems to be happening concerning the walkthrough. Using this page as an example, it seems that the section shortcut links (Let's Go Shopping, Impfest, etc.) all lead back to the main page.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

By all means, punch me if I missed these, but there doesn't seem to be any info about the DoS version. Also, maybe a list comparing all the old and new names of items, classes and characters across versions?

And why should you be allowed to punch me? For liking the Red Mage too much I guess...

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psi View Post
    By all means, punch me if I missed these, but there doesn't seem to be any info about the DoS version. Also, maybe a list comparing all the old and new names of items, classes and characters across versions?

And why should you be allowed to punch me? For liking the Red Mage too much I guess...
    Nobody should be punched for liking the Red Mage too much. Not that it's possible to like a Red Mage too much anyways. The site is dedicated to the original NES, and retroactively the PSX and Wonderswan remakes. The GBA version already has more than enough coverage through various other sites. Besides which the site was up long before the GBA version was even announced.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    The site is dedicated to the original NES, and retroactively the PSX and Wonderswan remakes. The GBA version already has more than enough coverage through various other sites. Besides which the site was up long before the GBA version was even announced.
    the site is amazing, and i only wish one existed for every FF game. but i would love to see a section that catered to the DoS version. as a game, it is maybe not a true representation of FF1, but it seems to reflect square's true line on monster and place names (seeing as square cared a lot less about translations in the 80s and also had limited character space to work with).

He only recently got his hands on a copy of the DoS version(read like.... a month ago)

So he hasnt had time to test.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Rase View Post
    Something strange seems to be happening concerning the walkthrough. Using this page as an example, it seems that the section shortcut links (Let's Go Shopping, Impfest, etc.) all lead back to the main page.
    I'm fixing this now.

[qq=Paul]the site is amazing, and i only wish one existed for every FF game. but i would love to see a section that catered to the DoS version. as a game, it is maybe not a true representation of FF1, but it seems to reflect square's true line on monster and place names (seeing as square cared a lot less about translations in the 80s and also had limited character space to work with).[/qq]

Most of the stuff in my WSC section applies to the other remakes. I may just rename it from "WSC" to "Remakes".

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

http://ffclassic.net/tournament.php

You know who to vote for, guys. ;D

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Woah, it has been ages since I looked at FFclassic, I like it more now, good thing that you got rid of the old fanart section..
    I`ll upload new ff1 art to the new fanart section whenever I can..
    Good luck with your site.
    Last edited by black orb; 09-05-2006 at 07:57 AM.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

What's going on with the tournament? The last week sure has gone on for a while. A few days too many, one might say.