Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FFVII PS3 remake the financial side

Default FFVII PS3 remake the financial side

Ok, so I know all this "remake on PS3" garbage has got to be getting old, and as I'm new here (hi btw) where do I come off starting a post about it. But here's the thing, I've been thinking about this a lot (haven't we all ) and my mind started to wander down the financial track Square would take approaching this, and I wanted tome feedback on what I came up with and this seemed like a good place. So let me know what you think.

By my estimates, Square Enix stands to make over $450,000,000 in sales off of a remake of FFVII. This is assuming that roughly 8 million copies of the original have been sold, and that of the people who own that game, 85% would own a PS3 (or buy one) and purchase a redone FFVII (~7 mil). This also assumes prices of $75 in Japan and $50 in the states per sale, with 2/3 of the sales being in Japan.

Estimated costs for the creation of a PS3 game range from 10 to 15 million dollars with an additional 10 million for advertising. So that's $25,000,000 to make it. That's a lot of money. But the $425,000,000 in profits is a little more. Square Enix currently opperates on a yearly budgent of rougly 80 billion yen (or about 690 million dollars). That means the release of this one game and its sales over say...two years, would be equal to 2/3 of their YEARLY budget off ONE game. My question...why isn't Square doing this RIGHT NOW!?

I wish it was for ps2 then i'd buy it. but becuz it is for ps3 I'll stick with the original.

There is no need to remake it when people can still play the game on the current systems (i.e. you can still play playstation games on the ps3 systems).

When they start making games non-playstation compatible then I believe you will see a re-make.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I disagree.
    THere are plenty of FF7 fans that also are graphic whores. Additionally, there are a lot of people who simply don't like older games because they look crappy. Also, you have a lot of people who are just FF fanatics, or just collectors, who would get it no matter what.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by darkchrono
    There is no need to remake it when people can still play the game on the current systems (i.e. you can still play playstation games on the ps3 systems).

When they start making games non-playstation compatible then I believe you will see a re-make.
    Do you have any idea how rare and expensive FFVII is now a days!? I LOVE the idea of a FFVII remake for the PS3. BUT, whether or not I buy it depends on if I have a PS3. $500.00~ Let's see... If I make 9 dollars a week in allowance and stop spending it for a while, I get roughly $200 for my birthday which is at the end of September, $200.00 Christmas, Then I should be able to afford it by... January or February of next year!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

You should just wait for atleast half a year anyway. First, it'll be less bug-ridden. Second, it'll be cheaper.

When is it coming out?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Lol, its production isn't even official.
    Or do you mean the PS3? 17th November this year.

Yeah. I meant the PS3.

Well usually when it is still expensive that means that it is still selling well which would mean there is no need to do a re-make of it.

I am sure you can go to a place where they sell used games and get it at a fairly cheap price.

Who cares if remake is not much needed? Because this could be a BIG profit for Square-Enix, which can help them developing more FF games.

If you people said "I disagree, remake is not needed", look at this statement. IF the remake of FF7 came out, I'm pretty sure you all will buy it, no matter what

Not necessarily. You have to remember that this is a final fantasy website. So you can't assume that just because everyone on this website (or at least the ff7 fans) would go crazy over a re-make that everyone who plays video games (or rpg's) would.

The majority of people who played final fantasy 7 when it first came out (or close to the time it came out) probably do not even play video games anymore.

Don't make the misconception that this website is the entire world.

i would buy the remake ff7...who wouldnt who last played it? i'd buy another one just incase that 1st disc broke too!

It is confuzzling that Square Enix are not making a remake, or haven't yet. That's a hell of a lot of money Square would make out of an FFVII remake, so I think they're crazy for not doing it.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I don't think the ps3 is going to go over so well. First off, $500 is an outrageous price. If I had $500 I'd spend it on something more important. Secondly they'll only have 2 million units available when it's released.

As for a remake, if they made it now, it would be pretty glitchy because they're just getting a hold of the ps3 so it may take awhile to figure out how to avoid that sort of thing.