Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summon missing

There is no such thing as "random" in a purely logically driven system. A popular RPG approach is to use the "time" or "steps" as a base for this algorythm, as it will be in a state of constant change. I think ffIV uses this; I am nearly sure VI does.

Since you can save and reset, I would think there is a limited step counter involved; one that counts yoursteps and uses this as a part of the equation. ?

Bipper

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I think the most common exploit of "random" encounters in the older games when playing on emulators is to save state, walk as you please until you enter a battle, load state, retrace your steps except for the final step that triggered the battle, and then heal. Healing, whether it's done with magic or items, resets the number of steps before the next battle, so you can carry on this process and never have to deal with non-boss battles for as long as you like.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have never been able to make that work, kishibear

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's how I got through Pandaemonium in FFII. So I know it definitely works in FFII. xD

I've heard that entering the menu in FFV resets it (the counter), but I can't be sure.

But rubah, I thought you were the first person to suggest that to me? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else...

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I might have suggested it, I'm just saying i've never got it to work.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

this is a useful trick but it may not work in the GBA version.

make sure you know what the enemies HP is. when you are about to land the finishing blow select the attack command then quickly before the character attacks, use a pheonix down on that enemy. the enemy will die then be revived. it wont work if it is the last enemy in the group though. with imps and weak enemies it will be a waste of pheonix downs but with pink puffs/princesses it will be useful because of how hard they are to find and how uncommon pink tails are.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

it is true that the 3 sommons u r looking for are weak but i found a good use for them... whenever u come up against a gaint type monster use imp on then and they will selve destruct but i think if u reflect u will kill another enemy couse it dous like 4900 dm

i know how to get goblin kill goblins mwahahahahahahha