Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summon missing

Default Summon missing

I don't know how to have the summons Goblin, Bomb and Cockatrice in the GBA version, would anyone help me.

You have to keep fighting them until they drop items that teaches them to Rydia. They are extremely rare items

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

To be honest for the amount of time you need to put in to get these summons they're stupidly underpowered. Imp does less damage than Chocobo, as does Bomb if I remember correctly. Cockatrice does inflict Stone status, and can be available much earlier on, way before Break. Personally I feel these summons were put in to boost the rubbish summoning ability of Rydia earlier on.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Yeah, they're definitely rare to the extent that you should only go after them if you're in a combined state of neurotic completionism and extreme boredom--the same mindset you should have when going after Pink Tails. Actually, you should be in an even worse state, since Pink Tails are actually useful.

They're very rare items that allow you to get the best Armour in the game. You need to use a Siren in one of the rooms of the Lunar Subterrane, and then engage in a very weird battle with some Flan Princesses and hope to God that you get a pink tail afterwards. If you do end up with a pink tail in your inventory, you'd then have to go to the Adamant Grotto and give it to some guy and recieve the Adamant Armour.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

If you're playing the Advance version, there is a strange exploit that one can use in order to increase your chances of getting Pinks Tails WITHOUT using Sirens.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Flan Princess can be found in the final Lunar Subterane area on Floor B5 in the southeastern most room. This enemy has the probability of dropping a Pink Tail which can be traded for an Adamant Armor, the strongest armor in the game. The rate at which you fight the enemy and the rate in which it drops the item however is very rare (1/64 chance for both). Follow this process to be able to fight a set of Flan Princesses very frequently without having to use a Siren/Alarm item, and in turn greatly increase your chances to score a Pink Tail:

1) Get to the room on Floor B5 where you can encounter the Flan Princess. It is a room with a treasure box in it, and the room is shaped slightly like an unspide-down L.

2) Quick save the game when you enter the room, and once you come to the Final Fantasy 4 title screen, cut the power off to your GBA system.

3) Turn your game back on, go to the main menu on the title screen, and select Continue. When given the option to continue your quick save, press B to go back to the title screen.

4) Select continue again from the title screen, and this time, select Yes when given the choice to restart your game.

5) Walk around within the room. One of two things will commonly happen. You will either immediately fight a group of 5 Flan Princesses within taking a few steps.

or

You will fight a series of 5 battles. The first battle will be a Gold Dragon and a Silver Dragon, and the next three battles will be Dinozombies respectively. Run from these battles if possible. On your fifth battle, you will fight a set of Flan Princesses.

For each battle you complete, you will score a large amount of gold and a decent amount of experience. You will also have a chance for an item drop. As soon as you finish a battle, quicksave, and restart the process as many times as you wish to fight as many Pink Princesses as you can.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It works, surprisingly, though, to be honest, I haven't the faintest idea as to why, nor do I have the smallest degree of how someone figured that out.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Everything about random encounters can be explained with algorithms, especially in the older games. Figuring out exploits such as this one is just a matter of doing the math.

I agree, these summons are bad.
    But, I need them! I want to know I got 100% complete.
    [leeza]At 204 kb, this is way over our 50 kb filesize limit. It's also way over the 250 pixel height limit. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

yeah i've killed over a thousand goblins without this drop. i want a completed list of summons, but i really must say, this is the stupidest most lazy most pathetic method of making someone achieve something ever.

just sit and repeat the same action for hours and days and weeks. i want to find the guy who gave the nod to this idea and cut him up.

just wait until later on and she gets better summons, then get bahumet and odin near the end, ohh man there good

U know what was weird? I got one in a treasure chest! It was weird..maybe i found something that noone else had found?

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

And where is this magical treasure chest of nonexistance located?

Quote Originally Posted by The Knights of the Round View Post
    just wait until later on and she gets better summons, then get bahumet and odin near the end, ohh man there good
    yeah i already have those. i just want a full list

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Everything about random encounters can be explained with algorithms, especially in the older games. Figuring out exploits such as this one is just a matter of doing the math.

I remember "random" encounters in Final Fantasy IIIJ being far from random - no matter how many times I reloaded my game, I kept on meeting exactly the same monsters at the same points in the same succession.