Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why are my grades going down

I'm pretty certain that until you do GCSEs (or whatever you do in America at 16) most grades before that don't mean a lot. I'm sure an A at 11 is very different to an A at 16. When I was 11 I was getting As and Bs, but at 16 I got Bs and Cs. Did I get more stupid? no (well I hope not) Things just get harder. Some people have the intelligence to do it, some don't.
    If you wanna go to uni get off your bum and start studying, or at least stop moaning about the lower grades and do something about it
    *nods*

Trust No one

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

It really depends on you as a person, not always what you do in your spare time affects your grades. It does however, if you spend all your time on this and do no revision.

My grades are going down too. Ah well ^_^

Why are my grades going down
    Cause your here. lol.
    Yeah my GCSEs suffered because I played computer games till 11pm and I was more bothered about getting them finished then essasys and such. Its still happens today, but I made it to uni somehow!

Leave being smart to the smert people! If you want to work hard and be smart, you will forgo video games and do just that. You only have so much time, so choose whether you want to be smart or have fun, or half-way of both. Worrying about being good at everything you do is just going to make you suck

bip

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

My grades went down primarily because I learned that I happen to be smart enough to get ahead in life without putting in too much effort. Thusly I am now going on to do a most righteous course without straining myself whatsoever over the past few years.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Ha, I don't have to worry about school grades anymore. Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffing cheese on msn
    SEAN BEAN IS AMAZING.
    Lameshout: Lamers That Matter

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Alot of people have already said what you wanted to know, but I guess I'll stick in my 2 cents.

You said that you stay up late playing games, that could be a problem. Is it because you can't find a save point? Or is it because your just having too much fun playing the game? No matter the answer, you can't loose sleep over a video game. Getting plenty of rest is an important part of doing well academicly. If you loose sleep, your performance may drop exceedingly in school.

Although, people getting grades lower as their classes increase in difficulty isn't unheard of, of course.

Always remember not to loose sleep over a video game, it will be their tommorow, right?

Nah, my grades fall to sheer abject laziness.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

School is highly unneccasary. smurf grades take my approach and do whatever the smurf you want.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

Until university ive never studied or done any real homework, and i played video games form when i got home from school until i went to bed, and i graduated with an 87% average, in the top 5% of my grad class, and eve in university i dont sutdy or do homework to much, at all really i only do essays, and i only study if its a class i dont go to, like Psychology, i managed a 70%, minusing English and Chemistry, Chemistry i withdrw from, so I got a W, and I bombed english =), even with those two i still had an average in the 60's. So no, video games have nothing to do with it. At least in my case.

I'm currently 17 years old (my birthday was today 26th June) and I think grades depend a lot on how good you are in TAKING tests rather than the material that is asked on the test.

All last exams are in Belgium taken orally (except a few like math,etc...), and my grades skyrocketed in almost all subjects: latin: from the usual 60% => 76%, french: 55% => 72%, english: 78% => 82%, but of course not all goes up: dutch: 64% => 55%.

My total average went up by a good 7% to a final total of 73% in this year .

But you have to keep studying

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus
    I play video games/watch tv all the time and I never study, and I make all As/Bs.

Maybe I'm just lucky.
    Your classes are easy then......
    :rabite: :luigi: :mario:the day will come....................................(holding the suspense).......

Recently as I've started playing games less and less, my grades have gone down.

Go figure.
    Word/s.

My grades have gone way down this year 'cause I don't care. Actually, they've only gone down in subjects I've always hated. So who cares? I could get a D in Physics and honestly be happy with it next year. xD

Any exams I've done this year have meant nothing (which is partly the reason that I did crap in a few of them)... apart from the three GCSEs. Oh, piss, I really should have revised.

Sleep, pay attention, revise/study, etc. Or give up and accept that you're a failure.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by (CECIL120X
    . and by the way i dont do drugs.
    problem found