Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PARANOIA AGENT

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The whole Li'l Slugger/Shonen Bat phenomenon was derived from actual incidents in Japan of schoolkids committing murders with baseball bats and so forth. And in Japan, in the interest of protecting a perpetrator's privacy, he'll only be referred to publically by way of a pseudonym such as "Shonen A."

Paranoia Agent has no basis in fact when it comes to specific circumstances, of course, but many of its integral plot points do bear some pretty significant influences from modern Japanese society.

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

iv been looking and i found out that in kobe japan an unknown 15 year old boy was cought after brutaly beating a middle aged man to death w a bat and linked him to other murders so i thank i found my lil slugger

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I loved the episode with the three suicidal people.
    Probably my favorite episode, even though it has nearly nothing to do witht the main plot. xD

This is one of the best anime ever made. The concepts were very original. It ranks right up there with shows like Bebop.

Second best psycho-anime. Right after Lain.

i was up for 15 hours lookimg up baseball bat murders in japan and they all have to do with peaple being paranoid and some of the killers decapitated animals and humans one boy killed his oun mother w a BAT i plan to not stop searching till i find lil slugger cus i beleve hes still out there somewere waiting to strike agean

Yeah, good luck with that.

i was up for 15 hours lookimg up baseball bat murders in japan and they all have to do with peaple being paranoid and some of the killers decapitated animals and humans one boy killed his oun mother w a BAT i plan to not stop searching till i find lil slugger cus i beleve hes still out there somewere waiting to strike agean
    Waiting to strike again? When did he first strike? Youve mentioned people being paranoid, but not this little slugger.
    Yeah, good luck with that.
    lol

no not the same one but who was the 1st slugger i mean there had to be cus they all seem to be cunnected. most of the killers had no purpose they jus don it call me crazy wich most of u are by now but these murders have happened over and over i mean they found wel you no wat heres the link to my sorce

http://billstclair.com/ferran/batviolence.html

http://vision.york.ac.uk/articles/13...s/423111.shtml

http://www.jref.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-57.html
    Last edited by sir helix; 06-27-2006 at 08:26 PM.

the bitch of your dreams sexy yuna's Avatar

helix helix helix you doofus your to cot up in this slugger crap it shames me to be your girl friend

Blog Entries

Thats funny. You both talk alike...

I like this anime, its pretty weird though.

im so obbsessed iv made a bat replica and terrized my friends nighborhood as lil slugger
    ...That's... strange. >_>

Um... ok. The show is BASED on true incidents... I seriously doubt there was already a kid out on golden blades and a golden baseball bat, and if there is, he's probably gone obsessed and wants to harm people with baseball bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Genji

im so obbsessed iv made a bat replica and terrized my friends nighborhood as lil slugger

Um... ok. The show is BASED on true incidents... I seriously doubt there was already a kid out on golden blades and a golden baseball bat, and if there is, he's probably gone obsessed and wants to harm people with baseball bats.
    u see the golden blades parts not real but the events about peaple being killed by a kid w a bat now thats real oh yeah and dont listen to a thang my girl friend says

the bitch of your dreams sexy yuna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sir helix
    Quote Originally Posted by Genji

u see the golden blades parts not real but the events about peaple being killed by a kid w a bat now thats real oh yeah and dont listen to a thang my girl friend says
    DONT LISTEN who the hell do you thank you are.
    dont make me spill your secrets

Blog Entries

This is getting out of hand.

tell me about it she follows me every were