Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dragonball Z!

I watched an episode of it. In fact, I watched it the first time it ever came on. I really didn't like it. I mean, all they used to do was shout very loudly at each other, the villains were boring and about as villainous as a piece of mouldy bread, and they was a distinct lack of genuine humour in it.

Put simply: awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffing cheese on msn
    SEAN BEAN IS AMAZING.
    Lameshout: Lamers That Matter

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    No doubt! It is one of the best animes EVER created, I just have some problems with it. Goku's the only one WORTHY of admiring, all the other losers don't stand a chance against the enemies...well only Vegeta. But it's still cool/funny.
    I actually HATED goku, and the focus on him. Regaurdless, it was his Story, and it should of ended with freeza. Each Character has thier own strengths and drives; and fit well in the foot notes. I would have like to see more of the foot note characters. GT would have been 100 times cooler with out goku. IT was the chance they needed to give the series variety; instead the bastardise the super saiyan legacy.

bipper

Quote Originally Posted by drunkymonkey
    I watched an episode of it. In fact, I watched it the first time it ever came on. I really didn't like it. I mean, all they used to do was shout very loudly at each other, the villains were boring and about as villainous as a piece of mouldy bread, and they was a distinct lack of genuine humour in it.

Come on. You need to watch more than one episode to make a judgement.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I was never much of a Goku fan either, my favourite character from that series will always be Vegeta. He was just cool and a complete badass personality, but that just made his moments of frailty something more powerful (Specifically, when he's beaten by Freeza on Namek and lying on the ground telling Goku about the history between the Saiyans and Freeza and he starts to cry). Plus, the Final Flash is the greatest move/technique whatever. Other than that yeah, it got stale and repetitive. There were some cool parts, though. Piccolo vs Android #17 rocked, a major fight that wasn't horribly overdone. Same goes for Majin Vegeta vs SSj2 Goku. It also had it's moments for humour and stuff like that. Cut out the overdrawn crap, and it'd be way better than it actually ended up.

Also the big explosions on the Budokai games are fun. :D

Edit: Forgot, Mr. Satan/Hercule is also a legend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void
    I liked Dragon Ball, it had a nice little story with an interesting world and it worked.

Once it hit Dragon Ball Z, however, it became a testament to sheer overdone crap.
    And the big P was may favorite character.His is green ass would woop anyone

yea goku became very....VERY one tracked and kinda annoying through out the series....i personally love the cell sagas...they were very well done. Actual plot unlike the rest of the series past it. if they had just killed off goku then the series could have been so much better. let gohan become the strongest one....that would have been cool....son surpassing father...

Roxas!

Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkymonkey

Come on. You need to watch more than one episode to make a judgement.
    Actually, I watched more than one episode. Just to make sure. And one involved more ridiculous shouting scenes, some boring fighting scenes, and a part where the main hero took five minutes to summon a huge explosion or something, that apparently killed the bad guy. However, this was untrue was the bad guy appeared in the next episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffing cheese on msn
    SEAN BEAN IS AMAZING.
    Lameshout: Lamers That Matter

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

*repeat x 300*

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Sorry, I don't believe in Super Saiyan 4...

The only good sagas were Freiza Cell and Buu. GT is just
    one oozing 'lets run away froom the enemy for 8 episodes' pile of
    smerf.

Dragonball can and will own you. I bet, its already per-ordered your leash.
    Someone needs to 'Genki Dama' DBGT. biggest piece of crap I've ever seen in my life

Edit-
    [strike]If you have not watched Dragonball in your life, I'm afraid I'll have to shoot you.[/strike]
    If you see at least like ten episodes of Dragonball, you're set for life.
    Last edited by Lawr; 06-29-2006 at 10:15 AM.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

I'm a Dragonball fan as well. I have the whole set, btw.

GT was so stupid, it was just a filler.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been looking for original Dragonball DVDs forever. Ironically, though I don't like the second part of the story in the anime, I love the manga. I don't really care for GT at all.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg
    Sorry, I don't believe in Super Saiyan 4...
    Well that's a shame, because Toriyama does.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Akira Toriyama never had much to do with DBGT. I liked DB and DBZ. The last saga on DB should of been longer and a shorter time period between DB and DBZ which was 5 years.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Yeah, I kind of doubt Toriyama is a fan of DBGT in any regard. After being forced to keep going with DBZ until he was finally even sicker of it than the average person, he was probably pretty disgruntled by the time Toei said they were going to continue the anime without him...and then asked him to provide them with character designs and a story premise.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

DBZ probably could of had a legitimate finish after the Cell games. Probably earlier. I think Toriyama made it suck as a kind of last laugh after being forced to make stupid storylines and char designs.

LET THE HAMMER FALL