Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

The third movie will suck, starting when (SPOILER) Jack dosent die which will be the case, of course.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I liked it. I hope the sequel doesn't do a Matrix Revolutions on us.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I thought that movie was great. It met the hype I had for it unlike X-Men and Superman. The beginning was kind of slow but the cliffhanger ending didn't detract from it at all. I left satisfied from what I just saw while still excited about the next movie. Good job Disney .

Some of the characters were inconsistent but that didn't take much away from the whole thing.

(SPOILER)My take on it is that both Jack and Barbosa died. Jack was eaten by the Kraken and Barbosa killed by Jack. Barbosa was brought back from the dead at 'world's end' somehow and I'm assuming that's why they need him to guide them back there. To the land of the dead to rescue Jack and the Black Pearl, who were both destroyed.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Very, very enjoyable film. Some of the action sequences were simply breathtaking, especially the 3 sided sword-fight toward the end of the film. I was glad that there were so many different opinions and agendas going on, though it was a bit hard to follow.

Depp was his usual wonderful, eccentric self. The real trouble is, he was SO original in the first one, that we came to expect his odd behavior in the sequel, which takes away some of the charm, even though it shouldn't. The fact that Depp still gave Jack Sparrow new angles while keeping true to his character is wonderfully enjoyable.

I actually found the acting to be very good. Bloom, who I'm sort of on the fence with did a fine job, and Ms. Knightley (Who is even more breathtaking, if possible, in person) was great as well.

All I ask in the third film is this: Some sort of appearance by Keith Richards (Which I hear is a very real possibility) and for the loose ends to be tied up. The film set a lot of things into motion, so hopefully they all pay off in the end. I'm optimistic that they will, and am happy with the second film. Granted, I wouldn't call it high art, but it was a fun, rousing time that kept me involved, which is all I really can ask for.

Take care all.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    I thought that movie was great. It met the hype I had for it unlike X-Men and Superman. The beginning was kind of slow but the cliffhanger ending didn't detract from it at all. I left satisfied from what I just saw while still excited about the next movie. Good job Disney .

Some of the characters were inconsistent but that didn't take much away from the whole thing.

(SPOILER)My take on it is that both Jack and Barbosa died. Jack was eaten by the Kraken and Barbosa killed by Jack. Barbosa was brought back from the dead at 'world's end' somehow and I'm assuming that's why they need him to guide them back there. To the land of the dead to rescue Jack and the Black Pearl, who were both destroyed.
    That's probably it, very good analysis my friend. Then again they might surprise us.

Articles

Okay, I went to see it today and... dude, AWESOME.

As far as the ending goes, (SPOILER)let's not forget that Barbossa's monkey was undead throughout the entire film. Could it be that something was amiss from the supposed conclusion of the first movie?. Either way, I totally didn't see it coming and now I can't wait to see what happens next.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So I really am the only one who thinks that Pirates of the Carribean the original was way overrated, and am not/was not hyped at all for the 2nd one? :</>p

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

that movie was bad ass

Quote Originally Posted by ^^~*M0oNLigHt~Rac00n*~<3
    So I really am the only one who thinks that Pirates of the Carribean the original was way overrated, and am not/was not hyped at all for the 2nd one? :</>p
    I guess so! Hehe.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I saw it on Saturday; it was brilliant for all the reasons previously mentioned. I also came to the same conclusion that Del Murder did about (SPOILER)Barbosa's sudden appearance. I was looking forward to this movie about as much as I ever have for any other movie (I rarely really care about movies until about a week before they come out), and it met my expectations and more. I feared that it was gonna be a mediocre sequel, but even the sudden "ending," if you can call it that, didn't put a damper on my enjoyment.

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

(SPOILER)...Wicked voodoo priestess. then again, as it seem is the cheat-death card for 90% of the pirates in this movie has been "davy jones will cut you a deal and give you a few more years" so i wouldn't be surprised to hear that. or, some island on the "edge of the world" that he came from is actually hell, and he just left, cuz he's barbossa and badass.

I haven't seen the first one, but I played KH2 so can I still understand everything in the sequal?

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

As with any world in Kingdom Hearts, the plot is always truncated and rearranged to fit Sora's presence. I'd just rent the first movie.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Awesome movie and I can't wait for next year. Spider-man 3 and Pirates 3? Sweetness!

Still ... need ... to ... see ... it ...