Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

I can't wait to see this movie. When it comes out I'm going to see it. It seems so good!

RenoB00B00<3

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It is out.

And it was a good movie, I liked it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void
    It is out.

And it was a good movie, I liked it a lot.
    you saw it already...without me...

just kidding

Wow! It was good eh? Anyways, Orlando Bloom sure is hot! So yeah! I can't wait to go see it.

RenoB00B00<3

Well, I heard from quite a few people that it was getting bad reviews from the critics, pre-public release. Just what I heard. Don't know the truth of it though, since I haven't checked it out myself. I loved the first Pirates though, so it probably won't matter what kind of reviews the new one gets, I'm going to go see it anyways.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought it was a rather solid movie. A bit more gruesome than the original, too.

The ending makes you want to see the next movie, if for no other reason than to know what the hell just happened.

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

Don't buy the critiques crap. They hate it whenever something great is re-released in the same vein. I saw it last night, 12:01 AM (no, i'm not that big of a fan, but one of my friends is a Johnny Depp FREAK. she dragged 8 of us with her, lawl.)

Honestly, if you liked the first one, you will adore the second one. If you didn't like the first one, you whill abhore the second. It's more of the same, which in my opinion, is brilliant. But for god's sake, wait for it to get rolling good. The movie, once it get's kicking, is basically PotC:CotBP to the fifteenth power. More fights, more sarcasm, more rampant "everybody has a different agenda" running around and trading sides, more... Jack-ness, and more incredible monster CG than you can shake a stick at. But, the first twenty minute will more than likely aggravate you.

The first little bit was... quite dark and bleak. don't worry, it doesn't stick around long. When it does brighten up a bit and become humerous and adventurous, the In-joke references to the first movie will come so often and fast you'll pray to god they won't keep it up. luckily they don't, because that would've killed the movie. but, as i said, once everybody has hopped on a boat and gone chasing each other, it's awesome.

8/10, the only two minuses being that the beginning didn't fit the mood of the film at all, and the ending... isn't there. It's basically disney giving you the finger and saying "go see the third one in a year to find out how it ends!" so the beggining sucks, and the end sucks. the middle is glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by SocietyzAntidote
    Don't buy the critiques crap. They hate it whenever something great is re-released in the same vein. I saw it last night, 12:01 AM (no, i'm not that big of a fan, but one of my friends is a Johnny Depp FREAK. she dragged 8 of us with her, lawl.)

Honestly, if you liked the first one, you will adore the second one. If you didn't like the first one, you whill abhore the second. It's more of the same, which in my opinion, is brilliant. But for god's sake, wait for it to get rolling good. The movie, once it get's kicking, is basically PotC:CotBP to the fifteenth power. More fights, more sarcasm, more rampant "everybody has a different agenda" running around and trading sides, more... Jack-ness, and more incredible monster CG than you can shake a stick at. But, the first twenty minute will more than likely aggravate you.

The first little bit was... quite dark and bleak. don't worry, it doesn't stick around long. When it does brighten up a bit and become humerous and adventurous, the In-joke references to the first movie will come so often and fast you'll pray to god they won't keep it up. luckily they don't, because that would've killed the movie. but, as i said, once everybody has hopped on a boat and gone chasing each other, it's awesome.

8/10, the only two minuses being that the beginning didn't fit the mood of the film at all, and the ending... isn't there. It's basically disney giving you the finger and saying "go see the third one in a year to find out how it ends!" so the beggining sucks, and the end sucks. the middle is glorious.
    i completely agree with all you just said. i seriously thought the movie was gonna run for like another 30-45 minutes so they could tie up everything, and then the credits began to roll... i was like, ah crap, now i have to wait for the next one to see how it ends... really enjoyed it though, especially the CG, it was awesome.

also, if you stay to the end of the credits, there is a minor funny scene to watch. not all that important, but it made me laugh.

just saw the movie and it was great i was really surprised how all the characters turned out to be when certain situations arose...especially elizabeth's character...much darker..much funnier, action packed and awesome special effects...cant wait for number 3

my only tiff was (and was already said) with the begining....it didnt really fit in with the plot and because of that, it didnt really start smoothly and it took awhile for the plot to pick up but when it did your in for a ride (omg that scene with the barrel and the fights on the beach lol)!

the acting was really great (SPOILER)im still shocked at what elizabeth did lol and yeah good cliffhanger...they got alot to resolve in the third movie, which will be awesome

overall a really good movie but one thats not for those with weak bladders...tis around 2 and a half hours long

oh and one suggestion...watch the first movie...it might help!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Critics are stupid-= They said superman was bad...and it was freaking goood--

I saw Pirates yesterday, It was pretty cool and good, not as good as the first, naturally, and it pretty much set it up for the third one.

Cough.....Matrix? Let's just hope it doesn't explode - But I LIKE the ending and think it's a nice twist. So yeah...I want the new pirates now!

T_T *cries* I could have seen it yesterday, but it was sold out by the time my friends got there, so they made me see something else.

I wanna see it sooo bad though! I loved the first movie. It's no fair T_T
    MySpace ^_^
    Member of the KH Trinity

I'm seeing it in like 2 hours. (12:30 pm) I can't wait until tonight haha. Yeah, um, critics reviews are nothing. Go see the movie for yourself and judge it for yourself, don't rely on other people's opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    So I look forward to Johnny's performance, possibly more so than the movie itself.
    Agreed, Johnny is PoC Tempted to go and get the Captain Jack Sparrow bobblehead, but its at my boyfriends shop and he would kill me if I bought it cause he knows I love JD!
    Johnny Depp...

*Drools*

It was a great movie, better than the original. Ending was a great set-up too.

The part that freaked me out was when Bloom was following the rope and that guy popped out of no where.

AHH I SAW IT AND I LOVED IT It was good, I think maybe better than the first. About a couple of moments were a bit cheesy, but the last 20 minutes or so was awesome. And the graphics, very very gooood. Johnny Depp is as hot as ever and did a good job, and Knightly kind of freaked me out in some parts.

Damn, I really need to see the third now.