Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Best Band Ever

between metallica, guns n roses and i have to acknowlege the classics like the who and the rollin stones!!!!!!! there are a whole lotta other bands i love too, but this is just about awesomeness!!!

I junctioned your GF ;) BardTard's Avatar

Evanescence.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

RHCP
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Pink Floyd! Pink Floyd! PINK FLOYD! PINK FLOYD!

Emerson Lake and Palmer come in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Magician
    sublime(hence the name!)
    I'm going to have to retract my earlier post saying The Yardbirds were the best and agree with you on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by eternal essence
    oh come on. Can anyone explain to me how anyone from the beatles has more talent than maynard james keenan or danny carey or jimmy page or ian paice or basically most good rock musicians. God, has anyone realised that the beatles sound more like the goddamn wiggles than anything else, and then they're classified as rock? why? because there were women running around screaming? Meh, i don't get it. "Let's all play some instruments and sing about submarines. No-ones done that yet, everyone will love us". Pfft.

Stay Essential
    EE
    The Beatles are rock. Rock is more a style than a genre. Just because they don't play ridiculously loud and hard doesn't mean they're not rock. And no, they were not the most talented bunch, but they were able to accomplish a hell of a lot. Remember, this was the 60's.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Don't think that I have the Image of rock in my head being more 'musicians' than necessary running around in masks playing loud. I classify many things as rock and you're right about the style thing. But The beatles had no real rock sound, no stage presence, and led zeppelin were formed in the 60's. I just think that beatles classify under pop....influencial pop yes, but merely pop, and influence shouldn't be enough to classify them over musicians with actual talent.

Stay Essential
    EE

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't think that I have the Image of rock in my head being more 'musicians' than necessary running around in masks playing loud. I classify many things as rock and you're right about the style thing. But The beatles had no real rock sound, no stage presence, and led zeppelin were formed in the 60's. I just think that beatles classify under pop....influencial pop yes, but merely pop, and influence shouldn't be enough to classify them over musicians with actual talent.

Stay Essential
    EE
    Have you even heard any of their songs? Most of them were very gifted composers, not everyone has the straight technical skill. Ever hear "Yesterday", "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", or "Imagine"?

Articles
    Blog Entries

yes I have heard many of there songs and I stand by my original statement.

Stay Essential
    EE

P.S. Imagine was by john lennon, not the beatles. John Lennon was better by himself anyway....yoko ono (spelling?) sucks.

*yawn*

yes I have heard many of there songs and I stand by my original statement.

Stay Essential
    EE

P.S. Imagine was by john lennon, not the beatles. John Lennon was better by himself anyway....yoko ono (spelling?) sucks.
    I have to agree ... Pennylane ... no matter how you spin it ... is not rock ... true ... the 60's ... but Led Zeppelin had Communication Break Down and Good Time Bad Times ... in '68 . & Penny Lane and Strawberry fields was on the '67 beatles album Magical Mystery Tour
    ... Zeppelin wasn't like trashing, grinding, metal or nothin ... but ... point 2 ... Rolling stones came out in '64 ... they rock'd so much harder ... (even though i am not a huge fan ...) ... i can go on ... but i am werk now so ... i can rant on my soap box later
    oh and BTW ... yes they were gifted... don't get me wrong, i respect their music (because they were like musical pioneers) ... but not rock ... pop is safer to go with ...
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fuego
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    K.

Quote Originally Posted by jrgen
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuego
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    K.
    Sorry I forgot to laugh

wait I think its comin'

nope ... just gas

here's a pitty chuckle though
    ha
    -
    -
    ha
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Sonata Arctica
    Don't touch them, they are hot. Hot with Destiny!

The FYG

The Mad Capsule Markets.

There are so many bands out there, each with their own distinct sound and talents, that it's so hard to pick just a single band.

However, if push came to shove, I'd go with:

Bruce Springsteen And The E Street Band
    The Beatles
    Pink Floyd
    The Rolling Stones
    The Who
    DMB
    Allman Brothers Band
    U2

Take care all.