Thread: Myst: Book of Atrus

Default Myst: Book of Atrus

Anyone read it? I just finished last night before I came on the computer this morning. I liked it. It was a blast through the whole thing. It stopped where the game begins. I loved it. I want to read the next one called Myst: Book of Ti'anna. I know I have it somewhere in the attic, but I have to go look for it.

All that time I had the Myst books I never even read them, I thought of them to be borring. My thoughts were wrong. I wanted to read it to not be bored over summer, I thought it would take me all Summer, but it only took me a couple days.

Anyone like this books too? How is Book of Ti'anna?

Is this based on the Myst game, or vice versa? Because they are HORRIBLE! Finally the video game series has finished! Peace at last!
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffing cheese on msn
    SEAN BEAN IS AMAZING.
    Lameshout: Lamers That Matter

It's before the game. Well, Book of Atrus ends where Riven begins, so not sure. I know that it was a good book though. I havent played any of the games. I have to ask my dad to load them on the computer (his computer!!!) so I can see what the game is like. I played it once I remember, but I couldn't get past Ghen... I was like... what do I do now?

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

I haven't read it yet, but I would like to.

And the games are anything but horrible in my opinion. They are some of the greatest games ever created.

Well I have the Myst Reader. That's all three books in one.

The story should go something like: Book of Ti'ana, Book of Atrus, Myst, Riven, Book of D'ni, Exile, Revelation, Uru, End of Ages. Although the books should be read in the order they were released: Book of Atrus, Book of Ti'ana, Book of D'ni.

And no, they aren't horrible. They were brilliantly built games, which had some very interesting and thought-out puzzles, not to mention beautiful worlds to explore and a really great story line (and history of D'ni in the Uru games).

Edit: If you played realMyst, you'd probably see a more direct link to Riven, although in the original it's pretty clear that Myst ends in the same place you start Riven (K'veer), and Atrus actually tells you he'll be needing your help again to fight a tougher foe.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."