Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Critique this sig in progress.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by ShunNakamura View Post
    Love this piccie... what do you use to give it that... I dont know the right word for it but gritty perhaps? not quite gritty but you know what I mean lol

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Back from the grave once again.

First old business.

Kaiser all I do to get the texture is to use Photoshop's Texture overlay on the appropriate layer(sometimes it takes a bit of guesswork to get the exact feel that I want). That or if I can't get the right texture with the inbuilt tool I will make a new layer. Create the texture I want on it with various brushes/images and then use one of the blending options on top of the layers I want affected.

I believe in that one I did both to get that particular effect. Also using a light grunge brush(a spongy one if I recall right) overtop the render helped give it the splatter type feel(not sure if what that technically is called but it reminds me of back when I used watercolors).

New business isn't really all that new. Simply I finished, somewhat, an old WIP.

Maybe the frame is a bit much. I've attached the orginally frame since Pol likes to see the originals. However, I rushed the edits on it a bit much(I decided to use the WIP for a SoTW that I was made aware of a mere hour or so before entries closed). Therefore it isn't too fancy.

P.S. what is up with "And the mome rath ShunNakamura outgrabe" on the quotes?
    Attached Images Attached Images

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Another quick update

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

May as well make another entry before I get bumped off the page.

My Halloween signature!

I might just start making these things semi-frequently again. That will probably depend on the degree of C&C I get.

Question: The Border, is it too stand-offish? I am not sure, but the border gets mixed feelings from me :/.

Edit- Extra info. Currently am medicated so if you think it looks crazy/funky that might be why.
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 10-27-2008 at 02:14 AM.

COORO!!!!!!!! OHEMGEES!

Wow.... someone actually recognized him! I didn't think anyone here read +Anima. He is such a fun character(actually he might be the reason the background is funky!) to read about .

And once again I got another one done. Not sure what I want to do with it. I got this far with it... and I can't seem to go any further without making it look worse.... yet something feels undone about it.

It probably needs some lighting. I think light streams(as if passing through clouds) would be best.... maybe. But I haven't been able to implement them in a way I like yet.

Well at times like this it is sometimes best to take a break. I'll go read some manga, maybe work a bit on a render that is on my to-do list and see what else I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by ShunNakamura View Post

Wow.... someone actually recognized him! I didn't think anyone here read +Anima. He is such a fun character(actually he might be the reason the background is funky!) to read about
    I lUBBB this manga but was addened that I had to buy it around chapter 52 because of stupid liscensor company!

A Pokemon WIP for a SOTW elsewhere.

3 versions... man do I hate black and white.
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 11-13-2008 at 03:47 AM.

Well since I can not get a font easily readable on all Backgrounds and since I don't really care about which posts are mine here(easy enough to find since they have so many images) I will just let the default font go.

Anyways as you can see I have another signature. This one is currently a WIP. I am trying something different with this one. Anyways, as usual critique you your hearts content. In this case you might actually make a difference(since it isn't done yet and all).
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 11-15-2008 at 07:59 PM.

Once again another WIP, Though I really am tempted to just call this one done. I really only intended to make a simple tag like image with this one.

Another WIP. I found this image to be fairly entertaining. Go Agrias! Kick some Saber butt!
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 11-19-2008 at 09:03 AM.

Well I haven't been busy lately, and neither has the forum. But just for the sake of completeness I'll include this puppy here(get it?! puppy?)

And my avatar full size version

Blog Entries

Awwww puppies! ^^ they look so cute

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Awwww puppies! ^^ they look so cute
    I assume it was the 'cute' bit that garnered me a vote or two in a SotW I entered it in. Surprised me because it did better than I usually do(and I didn't really put much work into it :/).

I announced it done. I got a few different versions though

Background made from image.

The banner currently in my signature(which didn't get a single vote in an SotW) background was made from this and this. Mostly, I had a few other sakura petal images.

Edit-
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 02-25-2009 at 02:23 AM.

Blog Entries

this one looks perhaps too grunge and the effects on the person make it look messy!
    Second one is better