Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Critique this sig in progress.

ok,ok. just thought to help. anyway I always like the render to be shown clearly.
    and Shun, these are alot better, I like their soft edges.
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

Blog Entries

The new one is better if you ask me. I like that signature a lot. Its bloody/dark, and its got a hooded guy with a sword. I like how he pops out from the background, because of the shadow behind his sword.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Macwere
    ok,ok. just thought to help. anyway I always like the render to be shown clearly.
    and Shun, these are alot better, I like their soft edges.
    Likely just a difference for style. I think I generally would aggree with you[mostly cause my eyes can't always pick them out if they aren't clear], but this sig I think works without it being shown as clearly.

The softer edges are mostly thanks to your tutorial you pointed me out to :P, I just couldn't sharpen without doing something to an extreme(either too blurry or too sharp).

Quote Originally Posted by Genji
    The new one is better if you ask me. I like that signature a lot. Its bloody/dark, and its got a hooded guy with a sword. I like how he pops out from the background, because of the shadow behind his sword.
    I like the new one to, but I will wait til all the balots come in(I use multiple forums so there are a few regulars I am waiting for comments from yet); before I set it down and clean up the extras of all the versions. My sig folder for it is huge.

The drop shadow on his sword was a last minute thing I did when I decided to see what drop shaddow would do to the text. I thought it looked better then without it so I kept it.

Thanks for what did the popping out.. I couldn't figure it out. But you are right it is the shadow doing it. Hmm... gotta love it when things come together(even if by accident[assuming you learn from it]).

Now time to play with the Ancient one abit more.

Heh, just did some quick fiddling with it.

The old one(for comparisons sake).

The newer version that was the result of my 'playing'.

---EDIT---
    An individual suggested I try the Gimp.

Well I got Gimp installed, and I can say popping up all those different items on my task bar is VERY annoying. However, I got a sig I did 90% in The Gimp(I used Photoshop for the stroke(the stroke on the Gimp wasn't doing squat for me) and for the final transparancy when I decided even after stroking it still needed more).

Something real simple to just adjust to the Gimp.

Edited

Edit---

I saw an anime with a picture I just couldn't ignore(I so wanted to make a sig from it). Anyways I tried to pull it from the movie file. But I couldn't get anything good. Colors were all blended into one another to the point where I couldn't get a clean cut. I did my best an then said screw it and black and whited the image to make the color discrepancies invisible. I had fun with this one dispite the fact that it likely isn't the best around.

Last edited by ShunNakamura; 07-10-2006 at 06:41 AM.

I love the green sig, it is great. but the second one you could have made the background invisible, and saved it as Gif.
    keep working man, you are even giving me idea's...hmmm. *dash to try somthing*.
    I <3 you Polaris

I love the green sig, it is great. but the second one you could have made the background invisible, and saved it as Gif.

Hmm... on the second one(the little girl that could) does have the background somwhat invisible(I know it is cause I have dipsplayed it on other forums that have light background and the appearance of it is different). I think I cropped it too short is part of the problem.

Anyways I didn't save it as a gif because it got real crazy then. I don't know why but it wasn't the edges the colors, shades, and everything went real odd.

Anyways a comparison to the light and dark(the background I use for this forum) backgrounds on it.

So it is transparent... but it is acting kind of weird. Normally I don't see the transparency differ that much between light and dark.
    Edit--- I threw another comparison up there. A darker/sharper version that I made to try and make the transparancy more clear.

keep working man, you are even giving me idea's...hmmm. *dash to try somthing*
    I will, and can't wait to see what you are trying :P.
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 07-10-2006 at 09:17 AM.

Loved them , they are so cute and about transperancy, it is so good, just look at it, it looks as though the sig's edges are burned.
    good work, you are improving so fast, emazing, really.;)
    I <3 you Polaris

Well I got a bad render for this one(or at least not good, T4C doesn't got the clearest graphics and all that). But here is a character sig I made.

I still have some playing I still want to do with it, but this gets the gist of the sig across.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

I like it, nice try. keep working on it, buddy.
    I <3 you Polaris

I like it, nice try. keep working on it, buddy.
    I will, but it may be a bit. For the game I apparently need a new handle(new server and some one else has an Usana... not overly surprising , it has been my game handle for 7 years now, so people have seen the name). So before I do anything else I need to come up with a new handle.

However, back to the design itself. Do you think a brushed steel type effect would make it look better(or does it already have a steel-like effect?).

And something about the text bugs me. Though I don't know what. So when I go back to change it, I may play with it more. Also my character has gotten stronger so I may see how the new armor and sheild look on the sig.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

hmmm.. it has a look of steel, but try to use the brush and see what you get maybe it will look better, right?.
    and about the text, it looks fine by me, if you don't like it why don't you try to shove it to the corners lower it, try and play with, you will get there.
    the sig is fine by me, I like how you cut the background, it is really good.
    I <3 you Polaris

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShunNakamura

Edited
    Do NOT change that one bit, it's perfect.

hmmm.. it has a look of steel, but try to use the brush and see what you get maybe it will look better, right?.
    I'll give it a shot next time I open it up . However, because it is in the touch up stages it has a lower priority then my others I am playing with(basically this one could very well be considered finished now. I am just being finicky to see what I can do).

and about the text, it looks fine by me, if you don't like it why don't you try to shove it to the corners lower it, try and play with, you will get there.
    the sig is fine by me, I like how you cut the background, it is really good.

I think the real reason the text bothers me is cause it appears a bit strong to my eyes. Maybe if the blue was a bit lighter.... of course if it gets too light you won't be able to see it easily... meh. Won't hurt to play since I may need to change the text anyways(I hate it when I rasterize my text... makes it hard to change up later).

And now it is time to unveil my newest sig, inspired by a freind's shirt and by a chanced upon render online.

Once again I am having some issues with using the .gif format(png has cleaner edges.. but too big). Here it is as a png so you can see what I mean.

In addition I don't think it would hurt to move the text a bit more to the right(to make it more in the center).

I made this one to test the grass and outer space effect tutorials I had read. Thus it isn't really as themed as most of mine. But hey I am kinda liking it. Now all I gotta do is polish it.

Here is another cow girl one I threw together real quick like.

Edit- Fancified the CowGirl Inn one.

Does anyone know of a good way to make the background look more like an old western door to a bar or something(I know you all have seen the likes in westerns(or I hope so)).

Well I didn't make it look like a door, but I did fancy it up somewhate.

As to Aisle:

Thanks . I don't really plan to edit it any further(particually since my brother is using it as his sig). The only thing I may have possibly done is make the arrow head more pointed(it squares off as now). But it doesn't seem to bother anyone, so heh. I declare it a success and finished.
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 07-15-2006 at 09:08 AM.

oh, my god these new sigs are great. I like the gif foramtted one.
    the cowgirl, I don't know how to make that door ^^. but it looks awesome anyway.
    you are inproving so fast. GJ man.
    I <3 you Polaris

oh, my god these new sigs are great. I like the gif foramtted one.
    the cowgirl, I don't know how to make that door ^^. but it looks awesome anyway.
    you are inproving so fast. GJ man.
    Thanks :P. As for the door I asked all over. I haven't gotten answers back yet, however, if I learn how to do it I will definately remember to share .

Of course you will remember to shre it, 'cause I will give you a sweet warning if you don't :p
    I <3 you Polaris