Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Critique this sig in progress.

Blog Entries

I meant your lighting on the walls was wrong. If you look are your previous versions of the same signature, there is a gradient of light and dark on the walls. Everything below the red lines should be all the similar in how dark they are because of how the lighting works, while it lightens up above the red lines.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Ahh... I see... Well I will go fix that up then

Anyways An update on my poster it looks like this so far. and yeah, I know ugly tree.

Last edited by ShunNakamura; 07-17-2006 at 09:45 AM.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

who said the tree is ugly, no it is very good, and I like that wolf in the moon, you did a great job there. but the tree track (or however you spell that0_o) needs you to work on it alittle bet more. nice poster, good work.
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Macwere
    who said the tree is ugly, no it is very good, and I like that wolf in the moon, you did a great job there. but the tree track (or however you spell that0_o) needs you to work on it alittle bet more. nice poster, good work.

Thanks(almost said tanks ) but the tree trunk is what I was referring to. I just can't seem to get it right.

Edit-- I will be posting a seperate thread on it in a moment(rather then hijacking my sig thread for my poster, I will put it in art to get more critique. So look Here for it.
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 07-17-2006 at 07:36 PM.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Back to sig banners now!

I wanted to try the fading text thing... I think I may have over did it though:rolleyes2.

Anyways that image there was *bleep* to cut out. The artist had blended it so well with the back ground that I needed to be zoomed in at about 500% just to tell the creatures thiner hairs from the background. The dratted Magic wand was useless too. Anyways, it probably wasn't that good of a cut.

you cut it very well. and yes i agree you over did the fading text. but over all it is a nice sig.
    I <3 you Polaris

Well I redid it somewhat(to kill the overdoing it).

The bonus is the text is easier to read

yes it looks better now, but I just wish to know, why do you love your text to be sooooooooooooo big, smaller text work better buddy .
    I <3 you Polaris

I like to be able to read the text. I have Horrendous eyesight when it comes to anything further away then I usually hold a book(my nose is usually buried in it, if you get my drift). My eyedoctor tells me that my book reading has ruined my eyesight for anything but reading stuff at that range. Because of this I have a VERY hard time reading the text that some of you guys use, if I can read it at all.

Anyways, new one!

Nothing too fancy here, I just found that picture adorable. At least this one was far easier to cut then the last one .

I am sorry, really didn't mean to say that.
    your new sig is very good, the edges are very clean, good work buddy.
    I <3 you Polaris

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Macwere
    I am sorry, really didn't mean to say that.
    Nah don't worry about it. I know my text is bigger then what the current 'style' and the ilk is(been told many times in fact). However, I just can't make myself have text that I can't read on it. After all, if I can't read it what guarntee do I have that others can? At least this way I know my text is at least semi readable.

Though I really need a better font for my "only friend" one. The current font is a real pain. But I don't got any good script fonts, and I have trouble finding good fonts.

And thanks :P, I myself was shocked at the clean edges on that .gif.

don't do :P at me, I always get clean edges and you know :P.
    well I get my fonts from dafont, you know it, I like the one called Evol, and some more ones that are very good, try to look there alittle more. ^_~.
    I <3 you Polaris

But :P is my favorite smiley(I keep mixing up instead : p for this smiley ).

And last one for a bit, I promise(I need some shuteye anyways)!

wow, romantic. but renders not cut that well, hey I think you should slow down a bet and work longer on them. still I like the text and background, the render is nice too :P.
    I <3 you Polaris

Yeah I know the render isn't cut super good. But I had some issues with it. And I said to heck with it(basically the top of the guys hair was cut off in the original, so I had to try and rebuild and reshap his hair to what had been showing. I gave up). Fixing up renders to fit your sig isn't fun. I'll touch it up when I go back to it. I am just trying to put some of the ideas that are rushing through my head this morning to paper so I don't forget them. I can always touch them up, but I can't retreive an idea that fled.

Edit-- I am addicted . However, this idea plowed into me just before my I was in bed. Had to do something about it.

Here is another one that I am liking.

But I didn't manage to get the gif edges 100% clean this time... and the png would be WAY too large.

Oh good greif... I had typos!
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 07-19-2006 at 01:15 AM.