Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Thread: Critique this sig in progress.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

My latest.... even too big as a gif. lol.

The Lovely png

--And now the I hate Gif's.--

I give up on gifs... I don't care if they are smaller. The quality difference(and how well they handle transparancies) is readibly visible. PNG's just outclass gifs in everything but size(and maybe animation... I don't do animations so I don't know anything about what does that best).

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

wow, these last sigs are very good, you are getting better all the time.
    but I think now, you should start on working more on blending, you know it give the sig a nice look. a look that it is not made of things but as though one piece.
    good work though
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Macwere
    wow, these last sigs are very good, you are getting better all the time.
    but I think now, you should start on working more on blending, you know it give the sig a nice look. a look that it is not made of things but as though one piece.
    good work though
    Well I have been sorta working on blending. But my main concern is to keep it readable discernable. and I have real issues tryin to balance that and blending. When I try to truely blend I end up overdoing or underdoing it. I can't get it right(though I do pratice more on each sig.).

The last two I did, the 'Mystic Healer' and 'The Pawn' have very transparent background layers on top of the renders to try and blend them more to the background. However, The pawn I posted up as is now to see the critique I had a couple ideas to play with blending but I wanted to see if it was needed or if I risked wasting time/ruining the sig by playing with it(and yeah, I know I got a copy of the original so I ain't going to truely ruin anything. but you got the idea I think).

And I am liking my latest ones as well , I just hate how much I have to shrink them when I actually want to use them.

new version. It was too strong I think before so I toned it down.
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 07-19-2006 at 10:50 AM.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Got a new one to show off. I like this one despite its lack of transparency.

Yes, it is nice I like the colouring and the place you put the render in. nice work, Shun.
    I <3 you Polaris

Yes, it is nice I like the colouring and the place you put the render in. nice work, Shun.
    Thanks ,

And here is my newest... I didn't spend as much time as I liked... plus I lost a bit when the power died here... but I think I managed to redo everything that had been changed since the last save... thank goodness I save often.

erm, I don't love it. but I like it, I guess what I don't love is the pics they are not that visible, duh, you know me :I I love visible things. but over all it is nice, yes I like it. good work.
    I <3 you Polaris

erm, I don't love it. but I like it, I guess what I don't love is the pics they are not that visible, duh, you know me :I I love visible things. but over all it is nice, yes I like it. good work.

Hmm.. the image visibilty was bugging me at the time of posting. However, maintaining both the misty/shadowy feel and sharpening the image escaped me at the time.

Though I went back and played with it a bit. I also shrunk it a tad so I could save it as a png(png's colors are better then jpgs....). The jpg colors are a tad duller than the original file. though maybe that is just me(either way I like it better smaller anyways).

new

jpg of new

old

This wasn't anything much, all I did was use an individual highpass overlay on the three images, however, they are a bit more lively in this version. Why I didn't think of doing that originally is beyond me.

yeah, I guess the .png is alot better, but you can still play around with it, go one boy. :P
    I <3 you Polaris

I tried to darken it a bit. A bit too.... pale and colorless I thought. The first one I think I got it too dark... the third I am liking, it is stronger without being too strong. The second is only the old one for comparison sake.

Sorry for the double post.... However, I got a new one, even if it is lacking in several areas(hey I am tired, been out in the sun working too long... but can't sleep yet, had to do something so sig making I a go!).

the pink one is nice... the render matchs with the background. and everything is good. hmmm... you need new fonts man.
    I <3 you Polaris

the pink one is nice... the render matchs with the background. and everything is good. hmmm... you need new fonts man.
    Heh, I really stink at finding fonts. How did someone put it? I have a natural talent at selecting the worst ones :P. or something along those lines.

Anyways I got myself some new ones(two of which are present in the sig I will be showing now).

Not done yet. No border(wonder if it even needs one?) and the edges are somewhat rough. However, my hands aren't steady today, so I can't go out and manually smooth them up like I normally due(also cause of that the renders may be rougher then usual).

Once I get a bit more steady I will try the Sig with brown and white colors in the background(the only reason I used the pastels color is cause my freinds shirt that inspired this is a pastel pink).

I am really feeling out of it

I like it.
    and I don't think the pink background doesn't match, but maybe the brown and white one would look better, go for it.
    I <3 you Polaris

Not the cowgirl one(lack of inspiration to play with it ). And actually that slump of inspiration has hit all areas for the past few days. However, I had the urge to play around this morning.

I was going to do more with it, I think I need to shape it a bit better(the transparancy on top of the pentagons for one.... it just ... stops.. that needs working. However, my photoshop keeps crashing on me and won't open. In addition I generally use special effects on my final save that don't port well to other programs. So any additions will have to wait til my photoshop stops acting up on me .