Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Critique this sig in progress.

Blog Entries

hehehe... adorable?? :laughing:

Maybe you should create new bgs style, more soft... you don't need to use many colours! ^^ Choose a palette of colours and use just those like 3 colours and make a softer background... try new brushes style from PS! ^^

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Not really a signature but I do believe it belonds in graphic art. This is a program I made to make 'annoying' posts. Simply put it will multi-color your text for the season.

Just
    select the colors you want to have your text set to and the program will pump out your message in BBCode so that it will have the alternating colors with almost no effort on your part. For example my whole post is done with my program!

Well it is done. However, since I am lazy I utilized Visual Studio's built in installer creater.... and boy is it ever slow. However, it does successfully install for the patient. Here you go, use it how you like!

Download here

It should install just fine if you just run the setup file. It is a real simple program, though I ended up naming it wrong. The program executable is called ColorText, because I was doing something else and just made my Christmasify program off that play program. I will probably expand it to do various seasonal auto-text color.

Also
    to note is that it uses BBCode to try and maximize the number of places it can be used. However, it will not work on all forums[namely if BBCode or Color is disabled].

Some problems to note is that I forgot to set a catch for if your message is too long. Thus, it may blow up without telling you exactly why. However, you must really be a big writer to go over the text limit.

My
    future version will likely let you select from more colors and let you choose your own color with hex input.

Well
    Enjoy it if you wish!

Isn't it just so annoying!

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

The Yuri sig = awsome! ^^ I also liked the Sakura one.

Selena

http://clairvoyance.game-server.cc/nc_catastrophe.html
    Click the link to see the best flash movie EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Selena_Akariko View Post
    The Yuri sig = awsome!

I just wish I hadn't made such a noobish mistake on it[I have the flow going out of the signature rather than to the text ... gah].

Anyways I did a quicky that came out quite ucky in my opinion. Though that is probably because it ended up not looking like I wanted it to.

Edit- Wanted to try my hand at a vertical signature.

Last edited by ShunNakamura; 12-27-2007 at 01:49 AM.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Dang it has been a long time since I posted in this.

Fairly simple but at least it is better than a lot of what I have been turning out since that long break recently.
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 05-20-2008 at 11:55 PM.

I am just floored right now. I upload my signatures to DA just for the heck of it. I never really expect them to get much attention. Normally in 2 days I might break 60 views if I am lucky. Etc.

My most recent one however, had 10 favs in under 5 minutes. Not to mention it had 40 some views. Just nuts, I have never had that kind of response no matter WHAT I posted up. Though it of course has tapered off, but still in just 4 minutes it had completely beat out the individual cumulative stats on any other piece of work in my gallery(except the views on my Hotaru banner).

Well anyways, is it just that DA browsers have odd taste or is this really one of my better ones?

This was a request from one of the people that regularly viewed my DA postings. He wanted a Magenta and Black signature focused on Yuri with no text. My Magenta is now dark orchid(or close to it) due to my blending to get everything to work together, but I liked the signature too much to just toss aside and try again.

It lacks lighting(unfortunately the lighting messed with the balance whenever I tried to add it) and the depth isn't all that great. Really I don't know why this is garnering so much attention.

Blog Entries

They look good my only complain is with the fact you keep making grungy sigs On the last one it'd be perfect without the purple! But the last one there is a huge space with just grunge! Maybe try different things after 9 pages with grungy sigs ^^

Yes it would probably have looked better with more natural colors.

Hmm... 9 pages? My thread is only about 5 pages though isn't it? That and I didn't really think I used all that much grunge(considering I always get bad rankings on grunge type competitions). I wonder if the grungy feel is coming from the fact that I overlay my main renders..... hm.

Anyways I do try different things from time to time. However, it requires me to have some inspiration.

This next one is photo manipulation and photo slicing. Total of photos used 4. Total of anime renders used 1. Total number of manips... . I can't remember.

Text is awful.. but then again I rarely do good with text so that is nothing new.
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 11-29-2008 at 11:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Looks nice this one is not grungy and text is much better blended I would like to see a bigger version! With photomanipulations I rather see two versions: one big and one in banner size

Problem is the photo I used(for the background at least) was itty bitty as well.

Most of the time I don't have access to large high quality photos so I make do with hackjobs that get posted in newspapers or some such.

Just a quick little thing I threw together. Mostly I did it to make use of scans that I was practicing my rendering skills on(Sempai is teaching me to use the pen tool to do it rather than the lasso tool like I am used to. Must say it is interesting).

As you can see, other than making use of rendered images I was also doing this to practice with those fancy borders I am so fond of. So focus more on the border and the quality of the hair on the renders than the background(which I just through together in 10 or so minutes at most).

Blog Entries

Pen tool is the most powerful tool in PS! It's not so good in GIMP so I don't use it a lot!

I love your borders they're different

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Pen tool is the most powerful tool in PS! It's not so good in GIMP so I don't use it a lot!

Shun is a curious monkey, so I ask what is different from GIMP's pen tool. I may use GIMP from time to time, but since Sempai uses PS I figured if I was going to have him help me that I best use PS as well(normally I cut my images with GIMP, I just find it more comfortable than PS).

Anyways I got WIP. The idea felt good at first, however, I seem to be running into some snags in the finishing touches category. I think I needed to thicken the border. In addition I need to work on it to give it a more wood like finish. I need to fill the room with a lamp and some furniture. Maybe a rug and some cat toys as well. I forgot to give a shadow on the paper clip, but perchance that isn't quite as needed as I think. In addition I want to have it look like it is behind glass/plastic like many picture frames possess.

And yes I realize that squishing a paper clip into a picture frame could be a trick and a half.

If I missed anything(such as messing up on my editing of this picture to make a concert news clipping) point it out. I figure since I am putting some thought into this one that I may as well see how far I can go with it.

*Casts Revive on self*

Well I have another WIP to post up. I call it a WIP because I still feel there are things I could do to fix it up. It fills kinda plain to me. I need some lighting or something. Maybe a fancy border. Plus, I should probably add some of the 'features' they offer onto the banner for them.

However, I don't know when I will get around to it... I am kinda worn out as of late all things taken into consideration.