Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Thread: Critique this sig in progress.

The best thing there is your text, awesome blending, wish I can do that.
    As of the edges, don't worry, I think that .gif is a bet mad at them these days.
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

I hate slumps... gah...

Anyways I tried to do something with the stencil text again.

This is the gif....

And this is the png...

Sadly I can't use this on this forum because the gif is too low quality and the png is over 3x the size limit.

My conclusion.... if you want to use the stencil text it helps if you use png.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

You know, I never went through this thread before. I like all of the sigs you have displayed on here. I can say that they are all unique. I love them alot. You are very good at what you do Good job!!

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

Thanks

And I love being different. Can't stand making sigs that conform to normal shapes. The big issue is that making them in an original shape and bg style and text style gets really hard, particually when you have to balance everything.

Anyways,

the last one looked awful on a light bg(the text was unreadable amount others. So I made a V2 of it, which has a set bg color behind the text and played with images and the 'white space' a little bit.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

I loveeee that one. That style is always very popular (Render outside the background).

Only problem is text on her back, doesnt blend and is difficult to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Only problem is text on her back, doesnt blend and is difficult to read.
    As for the blending... I may or may not get back to that... I don't believe I had it saved in such a way that I can blend it better without having to do a bunch of hoop hoping.

As for the hard to read. I have seen many girls have shirts and the first words at the top is always hard to read because of thier hair... I tried to duplicate it.

I did another one in the same theme(both of these are TO characters).

Unfortunatlye the edges on the render are somewhat jagged. I should probably try to touch it up once I get some sleep(a shaky sleepy hand won't help it any).

This last yellow one, really stopped me breathing, IT IS SOOOOOOOO COOL, MAN.

and I like the other one, the text on her back is really a great idea.
    I <3 you Polaris

Ooooo I like this one alot! For some reason Gold/Yellow are really good for signatures.

This is a top signature. Your best thus far.

Long time no new banner.... well I got one, but it isn't as good as my last ones.

It's not bad. Your right, you have made better. But why are you using it as your current sig?

This one is FAR better.

Compare the file sizes :P.

I have trouble getting good sigs inside the EoFF file size limit. My best ones are almost always over the limit.

I like the new one very much, it is so cool, gives a dusty feeling like a desirt.
    well, I have some kind of a trick to make file sizes small, but it only works with high quality renders.
    I will tell you about it, if it doesn't annoy you.
    I <3 you Polaris

Feel free to tell.(most of the time I just grab renders off of renderworld or some such place, don't have the patience to cut my own).

And I am glad it got the desert feeling that was what I was aiming for . Mission accomplished. Took me a while to get it to work right though.

LOl, I don't cut mine too, saw Inuyasha and the Chocobo, they were first tries and even sttempts.
    anyway, you have to save your files as PSD in one folder then go to (in PS) file> automate> Web photo Gallary. and full the required options, and then empty the box that says resize images, click ok, all the files will turn to JPg and reduced by size.
    if you don't get it, tell me I will explain it simpler, (I am a bad explainer ).
    I <3 you Polaris

I'll give it a shot sometime(maybe). Shrinking my sig size is not a major concern for me. This is the only forum I frequent often that I really have issues with my sig size. Most other forums I visit tend to be png pushers in the graphics forums... meaning that thier sig size is a bit larger to accomadate png-24's larger file size. So I don't have many worries. And I got a couple good ones that are undersize and I can swap back and forth if I really want a change of sig here.

Now to two new ones. An A version and a B version

A-

B-

Only real difference is that B has an added effect that covers the whole thing. Basically I thought A looked a bit raw so I added a more dreamy effect... but I didn't want to overdo it so I kept it real slight.