Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Stop and EB games goes to far?

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

Default Game Stop and EB games goes to far?

i was going to sell my ps1 controller when the sign read " as of june 1st we do not take nintendo 64 or playstation games" because they are too old of a console or something, what is the world comming to?

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Where they hell have you been? The did this with SNES, NES and Sega a few years ago. It was only a matter of time before they pulled this one also.

Do you know what they do with games they can't sell once they decide to get rid of them? They destroy them instead of dropping the prices down to a level people would buy the stuff.

They suck as a company and as a store. Gamecrazy is crazy better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Real Lover(really
    i was going to sell my ps1 controller when the sign read " as of june 1st we do not take nintendo 64 or playstation games" because they are too old of a console or something, what is the world comming to?
    That's reasonable. With the PlayStation3 and Wii coming out, making space for PS1 and N64 games is not worth it, unless they have BIG stores.

Besides, if they still have PS1 and N64 games, they'd most likely would like to sell them new for 10-15 bucks, instead of 5.

EB is an absolute rip off

"Trade in your Ps2 and seven games and get 100$ off a PSP!"

smurf off

"Save a MASSIVE seven dollars!" (Seriously I heard that in the sale ad they were playing in there store)

Blog Entries

EB Games is sort of a rip off. I tried trading in a PS1 game and the guy said he would give me a quarter for it. What a bunch of bullcrap. I later sold that game for 10 dollars at a yard sale. I usually don't trade stuff in anyway, I just buy pre-owned games and save money.

Quote Originally Posted by Genji
    EB Games is sort of a rip off. I tried trading in a PS1 game and the guy said he would give me a quarter for it. What a bunch of bullcrap. I later sold that game for 10 dollars at a yard sale. I usually don't trade stuff in anyway, I just buy pre-owned games and save money.
    yea, and they end up selling the game for like x20 the money they gave u

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

GameStop are assholes. I remember I was going to sell like 8 games and they offered me 5 bucks or something like that, and they were year old games and good ones at that. And of course I didn't take it.

My friend sold SRS--racing game, and they gave him like 10 bucks, and few days later they were selling it for 28 bucks.

I just buy pre-owned games and save money.
    Like, two dollars.

Yes, EB sells pre-owned games for about 10$ less, even if its ripped and torn, scratched, etc, they'll only reduce it by a measly $10

Ive even bought broken games from them. What the SMURF? Selling broken games?

One thing that takes the cake, is that they were selling GTA San Andreas for 100+, when it had been platinum for several months. Whereas at the other game shops in the mall, it was selling for the correct price: $34.95

I even tested it to see if it was a sticker error, nope, they WERE trying to sell it for its pre-platinum price. And would that not be illegal?

They are bastards. I only buy things there, if I cannot get it at one of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness
    I just buy pre-owned games and save money.
    Like, two dollars.
    more like 5, its either a scratched up disk or a brand new one

Yeh EB does suck. I tryed to trade in LOTR 2 and 3 last year and they offered me $4 AUS for 2 and $6 AUS for 3. they were selling pre-owned versions for $35. I then went to Gameswizards and sold em for $15 ea.

I never buy at EB. Its way too expensive there. Places like Big W, Kmart, Target and the sort are good for new games and Gameswizards are even better.

Yeah, game shops are truly robbing people on trade-ins. Obviously people are taking their offers, otherwise I wouldn't be able to buy used games from them.

I think it's really insulting to pay upwards of fifty dollars U.S. on a game only to take it back to the store a couple of weeks later and be offered NO MORE than maybe eight bucks in store credit! Or you can take six bucks cash, if you really feel like "touching your toes."

Brian: "If I remember correctly, this is the Physics Department."
    Chris: "That would explain all the gravity."

I dont know why everyone doesnt sell their stuff on ebay. Sure its slightly more work to list it and ship it but you will make probably 2x-3x the amount those stores would give you. :mog:

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Trading in anything to a store will always be a rip off, which is why I never do it . EB Games is the cheapest store in Norway when it comes to games, though.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

They typically will give you a third of what they'll sell the game for. Yes, it sucks, but that's capitalism for you. It's not like we get to buy everything wholesale.