Thread: The Producers

Default The Producers

I love Mel Brooks and The Producers has to be the funniest movie he has written!

Gene Wilder (Charlie & The Chocolate Factory) is so funny alongside Zero Mostel (Watership Down) in this comedy about a producer and a CPA who combine their knowledge and decide to raise more money than you need for a flop Broadway show! They find the worse play written, "Springtime for Hilter" and slap it with an awful director, horrid actor and the worst music possible!

I havent seen the remake, but I usually cant stand them, Alfie and Italian Job for example. Has anyone seen either the 1968 version or the 2005 one with Will Ferrel and Uma Thurman?

Well I shall leave you with Springtime for Hilter from the 1968 version
    The play writer is in the audience 2 minutes and 30 odd seconds in, see if you can see him
    Enjoy

Springtime for Hilter, not for the easily offended!

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Bugger I think I saw this this film appear in the TV guide and I want to see it. Did I miss it?
    Winter for Poland and France!
    ...Geddit?

It was on BBC 2 last Sunday, yeah sadly you missed it

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I've seen both movie versions of the Producers and I have to say I much prefer the Zero Mostel version. I also loved seeing the musical live but I found the movie version of the musical curiously flat.

BTW, Zero Mostel's other great musical movie is a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. Highly recommended.