Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Raebus's Sigs

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus
    It deserves 100 by 100, DESERVES. Most avvies get squashed/lose there beauty with 60 by 60.
    True, the 60 x 60 size(smallest of all the forums I visit) here as always left me bewhildered particually since your sigs can be 550w x 250h, which is bigger then just about every forum I visit. Heh.

Anyways, I thought that it may be transparent(the grey background is the herald of transparncy not supported for png's afterall, so I recognize it real quick.... but yours was a gif, and I had never heard of something like that with gifs so I asked ).

Anyways sweet avatar

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

I got carried away. :3

Hmmm... I guess.
    but this sig is just as great as the previouse. good work, this was what I used to do when I first started to make transperncy sigs. you will make awesomer soon.
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

Blog Entries

Your avatar, Raebus, is a .jpg. You probably screwed up when trying to save it as a .gif, because your filename reads: avatar21230_6.gif.jpg

No, it just read .gif, I checked it out also he/she is using it in another forum and it is transperant there.
    I <3 you Polaris

Now THIS is wierd. I saved it without a problem as GIF.

Blog Entries

Owen, unless you know what you are talking about, please do not say anything. If anyone were to right-click right now on Raebus's avatar and save the image, the filename would end in .jpg. It is a .jpg. This cannot be argued.

Raebus, there are two fixes for this:

The first is the hard way, which would be to reopen your avatar's file, rasterize the layer, select the entire background and delete it, and then go back over your image, re-doing the color palette because of artifacts and color bleeding. Then, instead of saving, make sure that you select "Save As..." and make sure that the second box "Save as type" has .gif highlighted. Give it whatever filename you want and you are gold.

The second is a bit easier if you can do it. If you have kept a previous .psd or .pspimage file of your work (I recommend that you start doing so if you do not!), simply reopen that file and if there is no editing that you need to do, save that as a .gif.

Always try to remember that throwing on ".gif" at the end of a file that you are saving does not guarantee that you are saving it as a .gif; that second box in the Save dialouge box does.

An attachment too, for a visual aid as to what I am talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well I dunno about the save option(mine is doing the dumb double file extension save as well[.gif.png when the link clearly show's it saved as a .gif]). However, the properties, the image link, the view image command all show his avvy as a .gif. In addition unless he is using some real funky program .jpg's tend to have white bg's and not grey.

Reabus, try uploading your avatar to imageshack as a gif and link from it there. I think this forum does something funky when you save the avatar directly to it(from how my avie is a .gif.png when I KNOW I saved it as a png-24 as usual). And I see alot of people who have the double extension on this forum... and I doubt that every single one of us doesn't know how to save properly.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Blog Entries

Your avatar is a .png. No amount of extra extensions tacked on before the real extension is going to change that. The same follows for Raebus's. Fro example, 09528-40528.gif.jpg.exe.txt.png is still a .png and 09528-40528.png.jpg.exe.txt.gif is still a .gif, regardless of what comes before them. The problem may arise from the fact that you both probably have Windows to hide extensions of known file types.

I disagree with you; I feel that many here do not know the least bit about saving image files properly, "signature artists" not excluded.

You don't have to explain that double file extension to me. I am not an idiot, only been studying computers since I was in 7th'ish grade afterall. What I am saying is that THE PROPERTIES SHOWS IT CLEARLY AS A .GIF. That is where everyone is getting the .gif from. It says one thing in the properties(and when you view the image) and another when you download. That is the wacky thing that I think the forum is doing to it. It does it to my png as well(in addition to tacking on an extra .gif before the .png), and I have seen several avatars on these forums having the same issue(I went through and checked).

I have windows displaying everything. Anyone worth their salt would, if they had the power, on thier admin account and/or the account they use. Displaying system files is also not a bad idea if you know what your doing. Also the registry can be quite fun at times as well depending on what you need done.

Anyways it isn't a .png if you look at properties of it. Then it is a gif. this is what I was refering to. I want to know what the in the galaxy this .gif crap is doing in my avatar(as well as what the heck the forums is doing to it to cause it(this DOES not happen every forum I am on[and I use the same avvie and file for each of them], it is something this forum is goofing up). Part of the reason being anyone taking a curasory look will see that it is a .gif. However, it is really a .png. I want to know why it is doing this.

As for you last statement. I know I for one DO know how to save files properly, I am majoring in computers and do quite well with them afterall.

Also as for you filename extension.... you are and aren't right. It isn't always the last extension that is the real one. That is just the one that tells windows/the program what to use to try and read it. so if you make your .wpl playlist a .wpl.m3u playlist by tacking on the filename it is not an m3u but rather a wpl that now won't read because the programs will be using the wrong tools to try and read it.

so in this example you gave 09528-40528.gif.jpg.exe.txt.png it could actually be any of the extensions in the list(or one not in it if people are really screwing things up), not neccisarily just a png. Such as this file tidussig.gif.png.jpg the last extension reads as .jpg. However it is in reality a .gif, and is actually read as such in my web browser(in other words the transpancy and other stuff still work).
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 07-21-2006 at 09:10 AM.

Hey, come on. you are ruining this thread.
    go on raebus, make more great sigs. I can't wait to see what you got to show us next.

PS: her majesty, don't talk to us as though we are idiots, please.
    I <3 you Polaris

MY lovely thread, being ruined.

Edit: I'll wip something up later.

MY lovely thread, being ruined.
    Sorry

If you want I can go back and delete my replies. Mostly I am trying to find out what is wrong. This is the only forum I have seen the properties and save image as doing this sort of funky stuff.. so I am curious... and when I get curious I get rude
    Edit: I'll wip something up later.
    Can't wait

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Everyone just get back to posting and critiquing signatures and this thread will be fine.

cool sigs there,back on topic,haha