Thread: Whats the most useful

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Default Whats the most useful

What's the single most useful ability, weapon, armour and relic in your opinion? Almost every ability and weapon etc has it's uses but which do you find the most useful?

I'm talking in terms of the entire game so before saying chicken knife or braveblade, remember you don't find them till the very end... not very useful for the first half of the game. And for abilities i mean a single ability so don't just say summon or white, say which level summon or which level white.

Should be interesting to see what people think on this
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

I find any weapon useful, but the most useful abilities are Gil Toss, White Magic, Throw, and Sshot

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Probably Summon Lvl 4ish, the one where you get Carbunkle. Then you have a means of protecting yourself from Physical and Magical attacks across the entire party.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I agree with summon level four. Carbunkle and Golem are serious protection.

I don't agree with $toss, throw or sshot though. $toss is good if you are a good level and have the funds... Which means going out and fighting random encounters until it becomes useful. And sshot is like my favorite ability, but its not so useful on it's own. It requires good weapons/2-swords/2-handed/sword magic/time magic quick to become really effective. Most of which you won't have learned till later in the game as it can take a while to master hunter then you have to learn the apropriote jobs to go with it
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

!dance.

Golem is level 3...

The Quick spell. You gotta love 2 commands in 1 turn.
    "When life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. Then try to find someone whose life is giving them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Gil Toss by far. It seemed like no matter what boss you fought (with the exception of Omega and Shinryu of course), you could always take it down by spamming this exceedingly broken ability. I don't recall it doing less than 3000 damage even when I first got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilliputian Hitcher
    Gil Toss by far. It seemed like no matter what boss you fought (with the exception of Omega and Shinryu of course), you could always take it down by spamming this exceedingly broken ability. I don't recall it doing less than 3000 damage even when I first got it.

well yeah... contradicting what i said earlier, $toss can be useful. However i don't like this ability. It takes away all the fun for me

What is more fun than abusing the battle system in order to make the game ridiculously easy? WHAT I ASK YOU.

What is more fun than abusing the battle system in order to make the game ridiculously easy? WHAT I ASK YOU.

LOL no-one does it more than me i assure you $toss isn't abusing the battle system though o_0 it's one hit killing the bosses with no effort, work or thought :/

There are, of course, far cheaper combo's in FFV. The Maiden's Kiss+Revivify Mix comes to mind..

There are, of course, far cheaper combo's in FFV. The Maiden's Kiss+Revivify Mix comes to mind..

Ive never ever ever used that