Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boxart!

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

All they ever released were those first few screenshots. I think by the time they had finished the remakes of FFI and FFII, they had realized that the GBA was right around the corner and that developing games for the WSC was no longer a particularly worthwhile enterprise. It's pretty telling that the last bone they threw Bandai was that barely improved FFIV "remake."

wow thats really awesome very awesome i like

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abrojtm
    But that's the same logo...
    Not really, the image is in a different position relative to the text. Look again.

That looks pretty atypical of FF box art, as was already mentioned, in that there's never the logo and other art- is there? In any case, I don't know where that picture is from, but the whiteness behind the logo looks pretty lame, imo, and the whole thing just looks too crowded. The Amano art looks awesome though- but I can't imagine they'd have the Amano art, with the logo including the stylized Amano fighter guy- it just looks like way too much. They should have either the logo with the stylized fighter dude with just plain white background, or the Amano art background with just the Final Fantasy text over it. I just can't imagine they'd use that exact boxart as is in that picture- the logo over the whiteness just looks like a lame photoshop job. Anyway, I do hope we in the US get some semblance of Amano art on our box art. That would be rad.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Yeah, I also thought the photoshop-esque glow around the logo looked a little bit amateurish...