Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yang or Edge..

Default Yang or Edge..

Whos the most powerful? Yang or Edge?

I think Yang takes more damage but Edge can use Ninjutsu and throw stuff.. but when you meet a boss the ninja stuff isnt really that useful.

Made by: Owen

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Edge. Speed. Stealing. Throwing. Edge.

Yang has that 'triple power' attack in the GBA though. Shame his HP just 'stops' after 6,009.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I don't really have statistics to show, but I think Yang is stronger. He's the one doing the most damage when he's in my party around the mid-game (with two good claws, he's even stronger than Cecil), his HP is very high and he seemed to be pretty fast too. Edge's HP, attack and defence are quite low for a long time, and they're decent later in the game. His MP isn't too high, either, so I didn't find his Ninja skills that useful, except the Smoke ability to flee from the boss battles in the final crystal floors of the last dungeon. Edge's Throwing ability lets him do some great damage, but I only do it against the final boss since you aren't going to need the weapons after that. I haven't got that far in FFIV Advance yet, but when you can freely choose your party members, you can have both Yang and Edge in your party and see who's better.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Edge's Ninjutsu are pretty useless, if you ask me. His usefullness comes in his ability (especially at high levels) to do many attacks in succession, especially Hasted with the Masamune. And he can equip two swords. (Either dupe two Masamunes or use the Sasuke's Katana in the GBA version.) That's alot of damage. Not that Yang is bad...I just really think Edge has more going for him. Steal is only really useful at higher levels (when his Agility is high enough to actually be able to steal something...), but you can steal an unlimited amount of the same item in FFIV. Finally, there's Throw, which with throwing the right items (whether it be duped Excaliburs or Fuuma Shuriken from Pink Puffing), can do decent damage.

Yang's HP will stop naturally growing at 6,009, and can only be raised by those apples. (Those HP increasing items, whatever they're called.) He too, can also equip two weapons. (I use a Godhand and a Cat's Claw. =3), and can do great damage. His Double/Triple attack power abilities take a while to pull off, but will be guaranteed to do 9,999. Kick can do less-than-great damage to all enemies. There's also 'Bear' (? Is that the name?) which I think raises his defense. (I can't remember for sure.)

Meh. I just prefer Edge.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Edge, due to his high attack and speed. Yang's attack may be slightly higher, but Edge's agility is superior to that of Yang's.

And Yang's HP cap of 6009 is frustrating, since Golden Apples are really not that common...

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Although Yang can equip two weapons, mostly they don't add to his attack damage directly (I can't be sure of the GBA weapons, if any). Also his magic defense is teh sux. Edge overall is a much more useful character late game.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

What characters would you prefer to use for the final boss?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Usually it's the original five, though I take out Cain for Porom. (=3)

Yang is stronger if you give him his strongest claws and use his double/triple attack in the GBA version

Quote Originally Posted by Snickare
    Cecil, Kain, Rydia, Rosa, Yang

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Edward.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

My main problem with Yang is that usually, by the time he gets around to using Build/Deadly, the enemy is dead. If it's a boss, he usually takes so long that he would have done more damage just attacking regularly. Endure is also pretty much a waste later in the game, in my opinion.
    I've always found Edge to be just way more useful, especially in the GBA remake. In the secret dungeons, his Ninja magic is perfect for eliminating annoying weak enemies en masse, saving the other mages MP. Then there's Throw, which can easily do great damage as long as you're throwing decent stuff. Honestly, Edge is just better in almost everyway to me.
    I like the original party best, but it's fun to swap Kain and Edge for Palom and Porom sometimes.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

I like Yang because counter-attacking enemies don't counter-attack Deadly/BuildUp. It's extremely useful.
    Sigless

I've got Yang now, with the hand of gods, and he takes more damage then Edge easy!

Yang = good.
    Edge = good.

Consequently, my favourite is...

Dammit. They're both good.

Which FF Character Are You?
    :magus: Long, funny-coloured hair? Check. Bad choice of clothing? Check. Good/Bad complex? Check. Hmm... they're right. I AM Kuja.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

if this is a who is better in the game id say edge but i dont have the GBA version. in a fight (not a video game with all HP and stuff. just imagine them as real people.) i think yang is the better fighter but edge has swords and ninja skills and ninjitsu so i think hed win a fight aginast yang.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*