Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do people tell the truth when their drunk?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Do people tell the truth when their drunk?

I was always wondering this........

I've heard yes and no, the people that say no usually think their too intoxicated to tell the truth. But the people that say yes, say that they just get loosened and feel they can speak their mind without a care in the world.

So yeah.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know for sure, as I've never been drunk, but that is what my mommy tells me.
    --Box Box Box Box

I think I can say Yes, only because I've been told "I don't want to tell you something I'm to afraid to tell you sober" and then them hold it in and turn into a sad drunk. I think drinking makes peoples mental wall go down, so if they're trying to not say something, it make come out when their drunk.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm pretty direct and honest when I'm sober. Impulsivity is one of my biggest faults, so when I drink, that tends to be exagerrated. I do try very hard to screen my thoughts before I say them, so sometimes what I say is much more appropriate than what I would normally say. But I'm neither more nor less honest, just more or less blunt depending on the situation.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I've always thought that people who were drunk act normally unless they use it as an excuse to act like a weirdo.

Then I heard on the radio today that a woman was found drunk to stupor and was missing an arm.

WTF How do you lose an arm?

She also has no idea how it was lost or where it is.

:(

It depends on the person and thier personality.

Each person will react to alcohol differently, some get violet, some get cuddly, some get happy, others cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Parker

Each person will react to alcohol differently, some get violet, some get cuddly, some get happy, others cry.
    I'd like to see one of the people who get violet when they're drunk :P (j/k)

I really haven't seen many drunk people, most of what I've seen can hardly be called tipsy, so I really don't know on this.

no matter how important something might be (ie. a giant meteor is in the sky and threatening the planet) you can always just stop in at the Golden Saucer and gamble on some dodos running around a track.
    --SmileyBoss(GameFAQs)

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

They become more careless, and I guess expressing their true feelings is a part of that.

I think when you're drunk, you become more exaggeratedly like yourself. So, it really depends on the person whether they'll lie or tell the truth. If you have a hard time keeping secrets anyhow, then you might give things away while drunk. Or if there's something you want to tell someone, but are afraid to, it might seem more like its ok when you're drunk. But I don't think alcohol has any kind of truth-inspiring effect.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Well it's not that it has any truth giving effect, generally alcohol frees you of your inhibitions and gives you a lot more confidence, so saying things you might normally not say to someone is a lot easier.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

They tell a truth that is correct to them and them alone. Nothing more, nothing less.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyono
    Well it's not that it has any truth giving effect, generally alcohol frees you of your inhibitions and gives you a lot more confidence, so saying things you might normally not say to someone is a lot easier.
    Takes an alcoholic to know the score, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by MageLuingil
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker

I'd like to see one of the people who get violet when they're drunk :P (j/k)

I really haven't seen many drunk people, most of what I've seen can hardly be called tipsy, so I really don't know on this.
    I got alcohol poisoning once and my arm lost circulation and turned violet. o o;; Then we found out I'm allergic to Vodka. =[

All i know is I turn into a dumbass; what truth I am good for at that point is uselss. I usually just want to have a freakin good time when I get my drink on.

Blog Entries

Hell no. On one occasion, I confessed my love to girl who's name I can't remember anymore. I saw her today and she's still hot.

Moral of story. It's a good thing she was drunk too.