Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinion: Your idea of the ultimate armor.

Ribbon, Auto-Potion, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect for me. Ribbon prevents against nearly all status ailments and if I get low on HP, Auto-Potion activates and heals 9999 with a x-potion i think. And seeing as I don't have 99,999 HP as my max, i am nearly always fully healed. Auto-Haste for speed and auto-protect to lower physical damage.

Which FF Character Are You?

Top 3
    3) Cloud
    2) Kuja
    1) Sephiroth

Auto-Haste, Auto-Regen, Break HP Limit, Ribbon. Ribbon pretty much covers all other status proof abilities.

break HP limit is not needed.

Auto-Haste
    Auto-Phoenix
    Auto-Potion
    Auto-Protect

as someone said, just cast cheer a few times and you'll never take more than 9,999 damage to every party member at once. And with just X-potions, you will always be at full HP because of auto-potion. If you take less than 1/2 HP, then you can survive the next hit too obviously, at which point you'll use the potion and go back to full.

---------

The thing about break HP limit is you need HP +30% too to reach 99,999 hp.

Maybe Break HP limit, HP +30%, Auto-regen (auto-potion sucks on a BHPL armor obviously), auto-haste.

Not having auto-protect hurts, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want 99,999 hp.

--------

btw, I don't have the PAL version, just NA. I wish I did. But I'd say just put ribbon in instead of auto-phoenix on 1-2 of the armors that you are gonna do.

Auto-protect, auto-haste, and auto-potion are the keys to this armor, auto-phoenix is cool, but it can work with only having it on 2 chars. Maybe even 1, but that means you might have to cast a phoenix down manually.
    <----Old Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Endless Twilight
    PAL Version - Penance

Auto-Potion
    Auto-Protect
    Auto-Haste
    Defence +20%

Cast Cheer four times to reduce damage from all of Penance's attack to under 9,999.
    I take it this is with 255 Defence?
    Of course. If you've made it past all the Dark Aeons without 255 Def you're doing pretty well.

No other Auto-Shells? Why do you think Auto-Potion is better? I prefer Shell since it cuts down enemy attacks and I rarely heal, and if I do it'll be a Megalixir or Mega Phoenix or something (assuming a Nemesis-level fight).

With 255 Magic Defence, Nemesis' Ultima will deal about 5~6,000 damage without Shell. Since Nemesis is the only magic-casting enemy with 255 Magic, you don't really need Auto-Shell. Nemesis' other magical attack, Ethereal Cannon, can be blocked with an aeon, or just kill it before it gets a chance to use it.

Auto-Potion is better than Auto-Shell as with 9,999 HP and only X-Potions in your inventory, you'll be fully cured after every attack (assuming it is the type to trigger Auto-Potion) and the majority of powerfil attacks are physical, so Auto-Shell will be a wasted slot.
    Last edited by TheSpoonyBard; 07-13-2006 at 09:22 PM.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

break HP limit, auto haste, and auto protect are really all you ever need. Auto shell is only necessary with fun bosses like earth eater that use magic as a counter. But really, if you use Rikku and have a bunch of light curtains and a bunch of overdrive, you don't need but break hp limit.

For 2 of your main 3

Break HPL
    Auto-Haste
    Auto-Phoenix
    Ribbon

or if you can afford that
    Auto-Haste
    Auto-Pheonix
    Auto-Protect
    Stoneproof

You need Stoneproof for the Dark Aeons esspecially Bahamut.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Auto Protect
    Auto Shell
    Auto Haste
    Stoneproof

No auto-potion, why heal when you can just switch characters.

I have a tendency to equip petrify weapons, then I met a malboro, and watched my charchters petrify/shatter each other. I now use stoneproof.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan