Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally got it, any suggestions?

I will agree that there is probably an absurd amount of emphasis placed on gear in this game. So many people have been playing for so long that they almost expect some of the uber gears on all low jobs. I personally will not take my DRG (or any of my other melee jobs) any higher without picking up my own Emp Pin and getting a Peacock Charm. I'm making this more priority for jobs like DRK and DRG. These are the especially bad rep jobs and I'm a taru to top it off.

Sadly, someone just starting the game isn't gonna be able to have these things. I spent multiple millions leveling all of my jobs through the dunes but only because I wanted to. There are people out there that will just refuse to invite you if you are a certain job, let alone don't have the greatest gear. At least as an older player I get my fair share of reputation invites.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

When I first got it I didn't like it... But eventually, eventually you'll get used to it and actually enjoy it. Took me a while, maybe it wont take you as long but yeaaah...
    jkhkjg

I think the most important thing to remember here is that FFXI IS JUST A GAME ! if u F'up .. (and U will) Don't beat urself up over it ... learn from ur mistake and tell the ppl in ur party to shut the hell up and ur sorry (lol maybe leave out the shut up part ^^) ... but this one time (i'll make this short) my pt was about to die ... like everone except me (AOE)(i still had half of my xp) ... and i was the whm ... so i had no choice but to use benediction ... i saved the party ... got kilt cause no one would provoke the mob off me ... and then i got yelled at cause they said i shouldn't have done that (cause they were fightin or somethin... either way it made no sense) ... am I the only one whos not anal about this game or just too easy goin ?
    and btw ... i never read a rule state'in that i couldn't ...
    My advice do what do and learn if you F'up and don't sweat the small stuff ... alot of this is learn'd as u go ... and u willl meet those anal ppl i was talkin about ... just ignore them (black listin is good too )... they have like no life or why would they make a game the center of their universe ... (?) and if i just described u pls don't flame me ... i get competitive
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.