Thread: Whats wrong with me?

Default Whats wrong with me?

Ok, my first KH game was Chain of Memories for the GBA.
    I loved that game and enjoyed it very much. I beat both Sora and Rikus game and got almost every enemy card drop. I put in like 40 hours combined on that game.

Since i enjoyed that game so much i decided to pick up KH for the PS2. A no brainer right?

Wrong!

Im about 5 hours into KH and i must say that i am forcing myself to play... and thats not good.

CoM had more strategic battles instead of button mashing. The camera is terrible. The platforming is NOT fun. I cant count how many times i miss jumps. The gummi ship segments are horrendous. And every time Donald or Goofy talk i cringe.

Im hating KH.
    Should i stick with it or put it on ebay?
    Im begging for reasons to stick it out on KH since i loved CoM so much. Help!

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Stick with it. The games get more bad-ass as you go along (KH1 is the worst). But it lends a dramatic build to KH: CoM, which sets the stage for kick-ass gaming in KH2. So keep it and pwn. If you don't like it, set it on beginer to save some time.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Everyone misses the jumps. That's why they said it had elements of platforming.

Anyways, you already bought the game, you might as well finish it. If you buy a game, it's to squeeze every penny out of it, not because you enjoy it. Why do you think people played FFX-2?

However, I have seen this trend that people who played KHI first didn't enjoy KH: CoM quite as much. Probably works the other way around, as the game are vastly different, gameplay-wise.

Like Tav said, you already have it, might as well give it the go. But when it comes down to it, games are for fun, so if it isn't fun for you then there's no point in forcing it after you give it a real shot.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

My post was better because I said kick-ass.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

Kingdom Hearts 1 may have a weak battle system, but it's the coolest storyline of all 3.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

if you have to force your self to play you are expexting too much if you had played it before chain of memories the you would love it it's cool and it's mainly the story you'll like oh yeah if you dont like it that bad then get kh2 its is the most ass kickingest ball punchingest game from squaresoft

play it

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Play this learn the story line and say bye to it then get KH2 and understand that KH1 was a terible play but good watch while Kh2 is a good play and Medium watch but still funny at points
    I have a Final Fantasy VII RPG up and almost ready

Final Fantasy VII: The Last Battle

I am currently working on geting it set back up correctly so I really do not expect anyone to go yet but it is possible. also I do not expect high scores for it yet.

I am open to suggestions for it and also new skin themes that would go allong with it. also any images that you think would go well will be considered.

I am open for registration and will be holding interviews on the site later this week for G-mod and Mod positions.

Beat it so that you can say that you did, then throw it away and buy KH2.
    Signature removed for being over the 50kb limit.

yes, i agree. And if you beat it, then youll understand KH2!
    Too big.