Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FF3...Delayed?

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Game spot told me I was getting my copy of Final Fantasy XI on December 12th, I got it Febuary sometime.

Moral of the story: Gamespot are idiots and don't trust them when they tell you when something comes out because they are probably lying.

Yeah, never mind this whole thread...I am a naive person...

Quote Originally Posted by Angi-Kaiser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beanbag
    dose ne one no when final fantasy 3 coming out in the uk
    Grable-to-English translation: Does anyone know when Final Fantsy 3 is coming out in the UK?

I don't think they have said, yet.
    They have said many times (square enix, 4 times i think officially) September for EU which i have stuck by and hope for, but gamespot has all of a sudden changed it to Q1 2007 for EU, i don't believe it but it is still worrying (i live in the UK also).
    [leeza]Filesize limit is 50 kb. Please read the sig limits posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them. Maybe try saving as a jpg instead of a png. ~ Leeza[/leeza]

Well, they are releasing it in the US in November, and judging by the majority of past releases, EU will be getting sometime after (just bassed on the majority of release).
    When life gives you a cactus, hug it. When life gives you lemons, throw them back at life and say, "Lemons? Who ever heard of hugging lemons? give me a cactus!

Renial.tripod.com/: A budding Legend of Mana site

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It is disappointing...but at least I'll have a fresh batch of RPGs to play this fall...

Well, they are releasing it in the US in November, and judging by the majority of past releases, EU will be getting sometime after (just bassed on the majority of release).
    Even though September is BEFORE November. And it has actually been said by square enix on at least 4 different occasions (i think) that it will be out in September for Europe, so how do people still say America are getting it first!?
    [leeza]Filesize limit is 50 kb. Please read the sig limits posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them. Maybe try saving as a jpg instead of a png. ~ Leeza[/leeza]

it's septemeber now and no UK based online stores are announcing the imminent release of this.

it's frustrating when something gets delayed that you're looking forward to, but everyone has to remember that for the sake of a few months, you'll be getting a game that is actually solid, and bug free.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The thing that pisses me off the most is that it was planned to be released worldwide at the same time (if I recall, to share the 'only FF never released outside of Japan' all around the world at the same time), and now there's a huge delay for no good reason and mass confusion among people about the release date. Way to go, Square.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance_Kuja View Post
    Even though September is BEFORE November. And it has actually been said by square enix on at least 4 different occasions (i think) that it will be out in September for Europe, so how do people still say America are getting it first!?
    Because of many factors. One is that (Based on most past releases) US usually gets it first. Secondly, it had also been said on four different occasions by Square Enix that North America was getting it in September, and... then suddenly changed it to November.
    When life gives you a cactus, hug it. When life gives you lemons, throw them back at life and say, "Lemons? Who ever heard of hugging lemons? give me a cactus!

Renial.tripod.com/: A budding Legend of Mana site

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

From amazon.com US site:
    Availability: This item will be released on November 14, 2006. Pre-order now. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
    I figure Amazon probably knows the score.

Game releases get pushed back all the time. From a retail perspective it doesn't matter too much as long s it is released in time for the Christmas shopping season. Besides, we've waited more than 15 years for this game to be released outside Japan. How hard will it be to wait another couple months?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The thing that pisses me off the most is that it was planned to be released worldwide at the same time (if I recall, to share the 'only FF never released outside of Japan' all around the world at the same time), and now there's a huge delay for no good reason and mass confusion among people about the release date. Way to go, Square.
    So yes, 'how hard will it be able to wait just a little bit longer!!1one' 'obtuse marketing logic' doesn't make me any less irritated. I feel even worse for the people outside of North America, they'll have to wait even longer (well, usually, I've heard it'll get released in Europe in September).

Oh well, this still isn't as bad as Advent Children...then again, I'm more excited about this than most any game that's been/going to be released this year.

they should release two versions.

the unfinished one, and then the finished one a few months later. all the impatient children will go and waste their money on the unfinished one, get exactly what they deserve, and the rest of us will be safe.

and overall square will probably make more money since some people will have to buy two versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    they should release two versions.

the unfinished one, and then the finished one a few months later. all the impatient children will go and waste their money on the unfinished one, get exactly what they deserve, and the rest of us will be safe.

and overall square will probably make more money since some people will have to buy two versions!
    That makes no sense as there is an actual finished copy, the japanese version. How would that be dissapointing?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It crossed my mind to actually import the Japanese version. I won't understand half of it, but that's how much I really want this game.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Square is teaching you patience. Trust me, you can wait a little longer.