Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reserve mission

Default Reserve mission

hey all, quick question. Does anyone know what that reserve mission is all about. i cant remember what its called but it says [reserve mission] above it in orange. ive played through FFTA twice now and have no idea about it. its a dispatch mission and i think the items you need are eldagusto and vermillion (i could be wrong) both of which ive never seen or heard of. anyway if anyone could enlighten me that would be sweet!

The world is in peril, send in the teenagers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit's_Daddy
    hey all, quick question. Does anyone know what that reserve mission is all about. i cant remember what its called but it says [reserve mission] above it in orange. ive played through FFTA twice now and have no idea about it. its a dispatch mission and i think the items you need are eldagusto and vermillion (i could be wrong) both of which ive never seen or heard of. anyway if anyone could enlighten me that would be sweet!
    There are four different reserve missions in FFTA. The one you mentioned is called "My Mission". It requires two of three items. The three items that it might use are the Eldagusto, the Gold Vessel, and the Vermillion. The other three reserve missions will give you one of the three items as a reward. You will only get one of the other three during the game. The mission "My Mission" will require the two items that you didn't get. So, to complete "My Mission", you will have to trade for the other two items. In your case, you would have gotten the Gold Vessel in the first reserve mission, and you will need to trade to get the Vermillion and the Eldagusto to complete "My Mission".

Does that answer your question?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Yeah, thats pretty much everything i needed to know! thanks.

Touché,Threeché,SPAMATION Monster Hunt's Avatar

So there's practiacally no way to finish the game fully if you do that reserve mission, right Skyblade? My sister thinks not.
    was all like to who was acctually feeling due to the fact that :oscar: & :frylock: couldn't go to his b'day party. patted him on the back and :mog: said there's always next year. felt more , felt , but :moose: (who knows when (as the person he is) he came in) was more of a . :magus: jumped in and told that no one really likes him. BROKEN ran everyone over with a :sophia:. So lived happily ever after, especially after he had with :rsl:
    The end!

66% of sig statistics are fake- and so is this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster_Hunt
    So there's practiacally no way to finish the game fully if you do that reserve mission, right Skyblade? My sister thinks not.
    No way to finish it on your own. You will have to trade, because the missions that give you the items you need for "My Mission" will never show up.

However, on occasion, I have seen games that give you all three of the simple reserve missions, so that you will get the Gold Vessel, the Eldagusto, and the Vermillion. And in such games you will never get "My Mission". I have no idea what causes this, although I know that one of the games I have seen it in had used a GameShark "Have all items/equipment" cheat, and it might be related to that. Whatever causes this phenomenon, I felt I should mention it for the sake of completion.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

So is it random which of the three items you get?

It depends on the mission wich is random. So yeah its random
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Reserve missions are missions that don't count towards the number of missions you complete, so there are 300 missions plus reserve missions.
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottNUMBERS
    Reserve missions are missions that don't count towards the number of missions you complete, so there are 300 missions plus reserve missions.
    Actually, that is not really true. There are plenty of missions that aren't reserve missions that don't count toward the 300 Mission mark. The missions where you get Ritz, Babus, Ezel, and Shara do not count as part of the 300, but they are not Reserve missions. The entire Judgewatch quest line isn't part of the 300, and they aren't reserve missions. Most of the Clan League battles aren't part of the 300 either. I think Reserve Mission indicates that it is a mission relating to trading, since My Mission requires trading to complete, and the other ones give you items to trade so that others can complete My Mission.

So how do you unlock the Judgewatch questline? sorry, i've reached that point where im just waiting for new missions to eventually come around

you unlock them by doing all 300 mission (there are more but who gives a damm the 300 wich you can look up in the mission list/report <-forgot wich it was)
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

And so the point of the reserve mission is...?
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade13
    And so the point of the reserve mission is...?
    To say, "I completed it. Yay for me." Something like that. It also clears that annoying mission from your Pub quest log, and you do get a reward from it, though not anything unique.

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

That kind of ticks me off, since I'm the only one with the game, and thus cannot complete those missions. There's a bunch of other linking missions too. Makes me mad, even if it dosen't count toward the 300.

I am a jerk in these cases, since I just went out and made one of my friends buy the game. I wanted someone else to own this totally awesome game, and if you have no friends who will play it (or heaven forbid, if you have no friends at all like I did for a LONG time), then go out and buy a second copy of the game. It will solve all your problems
    The Unending Swarm, Hive Fleets Behemoth, Kraken, And Leviathan, And The Countless Others Drifting In The Void Are Only The Beginning Of The End For The Imperials. Their Arrogance, Their Taint Upon The Multiverse, And The Fall Of Their False God, The Emperor, Are All Coming Far Sooner Than They Would Ever Expect. Let The Tyranids, Truly Superior Beings, Bring Their Doom. Let Them Find Their Doom In The Form Of Clawed Talons And Serrated Teeth. The Fools Shan't Be Missed.

Which FF Character Are You?