Thread: My 1st ever computer painting...

Default My 1st ever computer painting...

I was going to use this as part of my TIME theme in the art competition which Tan is running at the moment, but I'm not too sure about it and probably won't now. Its my first ever painting using a computer programme. All I have on my work computer is MS Paint. I gather this is how you're supposed to use it? Its entitled Happy Hour.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dig.

Awesome, I love it .

It's not bad at all for MSPaint, especially for a first time. If you decide to become serious about art using your computer, you might want to get Photoshop (or at least GIMP)

Given the limitations of the tools of MS Paint, it's actually very good. If you had something with some real meat in it, you could probably take your concept a few stages further and be the envy of your group of friends.

The 'I just did a picture but OMG it sucks and I'm the worst artist ever' thing is so absurdly common it's clichè. Go ahead and enter it-what have you got to lose? I think with how colorful it is it evokes New Years, even Mardi Gras (choice of colors) than Happy Hour, but that's just my opinion as an art major.

Some demons are best left in your imagination where they can harm only you.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love that orange, unless it's a grapefruit, and thenI still love it.

Thanks for the encouragement LC. I have however done other paintings for the competition which I consider better, so I'll probably use those instead. It was fun and a challenge to try and use the computer to paint though. But I think I'll stick to what I do best which is pastels, pen & ink and watercolours, and leave the fancy stuff to those with the right tools!

Ah, now, I was under the impression it was a CG art contest. If you can paint, ink, chalk, or whatever else, do that if you feel more comfortable.

Some demons are best left in your imagination where they can harm only you.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I gather this is how you're supposed to use it? ~ Mum

I wouldn't even attempt something like that in Paint. That's wonderful and it's making me thirsty.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles