Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shinra...

Blog Entries

Shinra drain the planets life force for energy, its peoples fault that they choose to use the energy
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Shinra was being immoral, giving into greed at the cost of the health of their planet. They were not doing the right thing to do. They weren't "good" in any regard. When they tried to stop Meteor it was only because they'd rather suck up the life's energy themselves which would assumedly (I haven't played the game in a couple years, so my memory may be off) be gradual and would cause problems for future generations and not themselves, so it wouldn't be their problem. However, Meteor would've crushed them and killed them immediately, and it'd suck for them. So, something that could be misinterpreted as noble and heroic is actually just a selfish way to save themselves and their corporation. Sephiroth is insane, he's not innocent or "good," but he wasn't consciously being immoral for himself. He thought that was what "mother" wanted or some other silly motivation, hormones or something.

Shinra Just likes money
    Shinra=Government
    Shinra is like those people in office just after money

TAHNX OWEN MACWERE FOR MY AWESOM SIG
    if you want a friend in me pm me
    Check it out
    or
    FH

Quote Originally Posted by Ryth
    Sephiroth is insane, he's not innocent or "good," but he wasn't consciously being immoral for himself. He thought that was what "mother" wanted or some other silly motivation, hormones or something.
    ah thats exactly what I meant. Not completely innocent, but definitely more innocent than the Shinra. Also, from Sephiroths perspective, humans are "evil"...

But the Shinra are just pure pure evil.

But sephiroths human hes just got Jenova in him. So he hates himself to?

Check it out
    or
    FH

Quote Originally Posted by loinharte
    But sephiroths human hes just got Jenova in him. So he hates himself to?
    I meant he hates non-ancients.

EDIT: sorry, I meant to post as Krayziesaiko but my bf computer is auto-logged.

Quote Originally Posted by krayziesaiko
    Sephiroth is insane, he's not innocent or "good," but he wasn't consciously being immoral for himself. He thought that was what "mother" wanted or some other silly motivation, hormones or something.
    ah thats exactly what I meant. Not completely innocent, but definitely more innocent than the Shinra. Also, from Sephiroths perspective, humans are "evil"...

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    The hell it wasn't. He burned down an entire village and killed many innocent people. Not only that, but he is just as greedy and power hungry as Shinra, probably even more. His plan was to summon Meteor so he could wound the Planet, and then absorb all of the energy that was sent to heal the wound.
    ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Xurts

The hell it wasn't. He burned down an entire village and killed many innocent people. Not only that, but he is just as greedy and power hungry as Shinra, probably even more. His plan was to summon Meteor so he could wound the Planet, and then absorb all of the energy that was sent to heal the wound.
    ^^^

from Sephiroths perspective though, the people he killed weren't innocent. Remember, right before he burned down the village he gave that speech about how (humans) ruined and stole the planet from the Cetra, and how he was going to take it back. I'm just saying, he wasn't doing what he did merely out of greed... He wasn't saying "I am going to go kill these innocents" he really thought they were bad. The Shinra thought people were innocent and knew they were taking advantage of them. The Shinra KNEW they were doing the wrong thing. I'm not trying to say Sephiroth is completely innocent, I'm just trying to say he's not as bad as the Shinra.

if he hates non-ancients why he kill Areis/Areith

Check it out
    or
    FH

^^^

from Sephiroths perspective though, the people he killed weren't innocent. Remember, right before he burned down the village he gave that speech about how (humans) ruined and stole the planet from the Cetra, and how he was going to take it back. I'm just saying, he wasn't doing what he did merely out of greed... He wasn't saying "I am going to go kill these innocents" he really thought they were bad. The Shinra thought people were innocent and knew they were taking advantage of them. The Shinra KNEW they were doing the wrong thing. I'm not trying to say Sephiroth is completely innocent, I'm just trying to say he's not as bad as the Shinra.
    You are forgetting that Sephiroth summoned Meteor. That act right there was much worse than anything Shinra had ever done, even their experiments. He was planning on causing a huge wound to the Planet so he could absorb the energy that was sent to heal it. If that isn't greed, then I don't know what is.

I think Sephiroth's actions were more a thing of ignorance than it was a thing of sheer innocence or immorality.
    Last edited by Ryth; 07-12-2006 at 02:00 AM.

I think Sephiroth's actions were more a thing of ignorance than it was a thing of sheer innocence or immorality.
    Lol. If it was anything, it surely was not ignorance. He knew full well what he was doing.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default SHINRA AND THE MICROSOFT

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Christmas: ROFL! That would explain why the support and the plate above Sector 7 crashed and collapsed.

(At the top of Pillar Station.)
    RENO: "I wonder what this button does... oh snap, Blue Screen of Death!"
    (The plate goes down.)
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Lol. If it was anything, it surely was not ignorance. He knew full well what he was doing.
    But he didn't understand his actions were wrong and immoral, right? He thought he was doing the right thing, but he was wrong, sounds a bit ignorant of the facts to me. I'm sure I'm wrong though...