Thread: OMG I NEED HELP

Default OMG I NEED HELP

someone plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me ok im like addictied of started new games on ff11 i erase my char like everyday i hate theres something wrong with me........what should i do can someone help me like pick out my race and job how do u decide i like all jobs and all race its so hard how do i decide

Um not to be rude but..grammar is your friend...orz

For race, there is no right way..just pick what makes it most appealing. For me a taru is great, i can be silly and light hearted just like i want to irl(yet cant because its just too...wierd haha). However on my Hume mule i tend to feel a little more badass...>_>; I dont know why really but it just does, moreso than Taru, so in this case just pick the one that you feel most at home at.

As for job...its probably best to play a character and lvl jobs up to about 20 or 30(prefer 30) and decide for yourself.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Well lets see, Warrior, you'll have to be on the ball with that one. You'll most likely be hounded to provoke the enmey when neccessary and have a decent knowledge of skillchains...

Monk, this is really quite a simple job, so you just attack the enemy. This might be good for new people, only trouble is, it lacks variety for a while.

Thief might be difficult for a new person to train, but it's easier to get money as a thief cos of treasure hunter. You also need to learn about SATA to be a thief, which might be confusing for a new player.

Black Mage requires a simple knowledge of elemental advantages, and also you'll need gil and patience to get all your spells.

Red Mage I recommend to start with because it has alot of variety and flexibility, you can use all magic types and melee.

White Mage requires you to be on the ball ALL the time in a party, you have to heal, enhance and sometimes enfeeble. Very demanding, and gets kind of annoying after a while... If you make a mistake then everyone hates you.

So pick a job then I'll say how the races do with each one!
    jkhkjg

well im gonna be a elvaan and then i want to be something kinda dark

Quote Originally Posted by Xeloc
    well im gonna be a elvaan and then i want to be something kinda dark
    Dark Knight's are pretty [strike]emo[/strike] dark.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Dark Knights and Black Mages kinda fill out the dark and evil classes (and you can verify this by speaking with the representative NPC for both jobs - Zeid and Shantotto respectively). If you're sure of your race choice, I'd recommend you go the Dark Knight route as an Elvaan. I have no problems with people levelling more challenging race/job combos, but recognize it for what it is: a greater challenge. An Elvaan levelling a melee job can perform adequately with standard equipment for the job. An elvaan levelling a mage job needs high end equipment to overcome racial handicaps to the job such as low MP and low INT. Once you take Dark Knight to a high level, you should be affluent in FFXI enough to have the means to level Black Mage in style. No matter what job you choose, make sure you level it in style. As a Dark Knight, you'll have to overcome many job stereotypes to progress quickly. As a Black Mage, you'll have to overcome many racial stereotypes to progress quickly. Good luck, and remember: A winner is you!

EDIT:
    As a 75 Black Mage myself, I can give you a heads up on challenges you might face. Actually it's one challenge, and that challenge is ToAU. As a Black Mage, you'll level as quickly as you want to untill around 50-55. At this point, TP-Burn parties (groups of melee jobs running all over the countryside decimating the mobs with their weaponskills) become all the rage. ToAU mobs are a god-send for EXP parties. They have very low HP, respawn very fast, and you have an EXP boost while fighting them. ToAU is the only place people level when they get the capability to, and for good reason. However, very low HP, and fast respawns aren't conducive for a traditional party you'll have been used to untill this point. Your MP will slow down EXP rate per hour, because melees don't need to rest. The net result: your invite rate plummets. Levels 55-73 are now a Blm's worst level range. There won't be enough Blms to form Manaburns (a party of almost all blms that one shot the prey with a simultaneous volley of top tier spells), and melee parties consider you (somewhat rightfully) a waste of space. Fortunately, if you can persevere to 73, there are tons of blms at 75 (it was a fad job not too long ago), and at endgame levels, manaburns are very easy to form and very fast exp.
    Last edited by Garland; 07-11-2006 at 06:31 AM.

Actually, if theres absolutely no BLMs getting parties, they should form manaburns and get a RDM or BRD to go with them...some might have thought about this already but manaburns were already there before ToA, so why not try that instead of not getting invited to TP-burn pts? The melees can have their fill, and so can the BLMs.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

i know this sounds stupid but pick which one u think is most fun to play as. i like tarus because there little and funny and they make awesome mages.

I say Taur also ... true if u wanna do a melee job ... like war or sam ... u will have pretty crappy attack for alot of the lower lvls ... but i knew i wanted to be a mage class fighter so it work'd out in the end ... but ... ummm ... Taru Power !!! ^^
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Quote Originally Posted by drayke
    i know this sounds stupid but pick which one u think is most fun to play as. i like tarus because there little and funny and they make awesome mages.

Or you can be a Brd!!!

The best job ever.

The only job you can be drunk on!!!!(inside joke)