Thread: Questions about guild!

Default Questions about guild!

I was wondering what is a guild test item? I was wondering about it when I check a ffxi internet resource where for the smithing guild, a xiphos can get you the rank of recruit and there was a level range next to it which was 8 to 10! Also, how do I know if I'm earning guild points since I went to the smithing guild, but they didn't mention anything about it?!

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

First step is to join the guild. The main npc at each guild can get you started. At that point you can start to craft. When you craft something there's a chance that you'll get a skillup just like with combat skills(weapons, evasion, etc) You can check your craft skill by going to menu>>status>>craftskill
    at lvl 8's: 8, 18, 28, 38 etc you can increase your rank by trading a specific craftable item to the guildmaster
    at lvl 10's: 10, 20, 30, etc your lvl is capped and you will not gain skillups until you increase your rank
    if you go to the links thread that's in this forum, you should find links to all this information in much greater detail

Quote Originally Posted by GOD GUNDAM
    I was wondering what is a guild test item?
    While skilling up a crafting you will cap at every 10th level. Two levels before every 10th level you'll be given a test item by the guildmaster. This will break the cap to the next 10.

I was wondering about it when I check a ffxi internet resource where for the smithing guild, a xiphos can get you the rank of recruit and there was a level range next to it which was 8 to 10!
    Yup, the Xiphos is the first test item in Smithing. You will need to level the craft to at least 8 before you can turn it in to raise your cap though.

Also, how do I know if I'm earning guild points since I went to the smithing guild, but they didn't mention anything about it?!
    The soonest you can start earning guild points is at level 28 after doing the test to become a Novice. At this point, you can start getting guild items assigned to you based on your crafting rank. Each item has it's own worth and you can turn in a certain number a day to start working toward an item.

Keep in mind that this is not a cheap process. Until you are pretty proficient at making good money with your craft I would shy away from trying to get certain items. Everyone seems to want to join the Goldsmithing guild and get to 48 JUST to get the shades which I suppose are cool at all but it would be a lot easier and a hell of a lot cheaper to .dat swap them in.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3